Hermann-Joseph Wurm graduated from high school Theodorianum in 1880 and studied history and Catholic theology at the Westphalian Wilhelms University of Münster and at the Eichstätt seminary . At the Julius Maximilians University of Würzburg he was awarded a Dr. phil. PhD. In 1886 he was ordained a priest and from 1911 worked as a pastor for the parish of St. Heinrich and Kunigunde in Neuhaus.
In addition to the priesthood, he was the founder and first editor-in-chief (1888 to 1889 and 1897 to 1911) of the Academia , founded in 1888 , the association magazine of the Cartell Association of German Catholic Student Associations (CV) , which is still published today . In addition, he was the editor of the scientific supplement to the Catholic daily Germania and published a number of studies on issues relating to church history.
In 1909 Wurm was elected a full member of the Historical Commission for Westphalia , of which he was a member from 1930 to 1933. From 1924 to 1938, Wurm was director of the Association for History and Archeology of Westphalia, Paderborn Department . He was deposed under pressure from the National Socialist regime.
- Handbook for the Cartell Association of Catholic German Student Associations. 2nd edition, Berlin 1904.
- Kürschner's German Scholar's Calendar. 4th edition, Berlin / Leipzig 1931, column 3349.
- Herrmann AL Degener (Ed.): Who is it? Xth edition, Berlin 1935, p. 1769 f.
- Reinold Petermann: Dr. Hermann-Josef Wurm: born: 05.06.1862, died: 19.09.41. Image of life. Nordhorn [around 1987].
- Wurm, Hermann-Joseph , in: Friedhelm Golücke : Author's lexicon for student and university history. SH-Verlag, Cologne 2004, ISBN 3-89498-130-X . Pp. 361-362.
- Biographical information on the website of the Historical Commission for Westphalia
- Literature about Hermann-Joseph Wurm in the catalog of the German National Library
- Westphalian biographies
- Stephan Fuchs: "From the blessing of war". Catholic educated in World War I. A Study of the Interpretation of War in Academic Catholicism. Franz Steiner Verlag, 2004, ISBN 978-3-51508316-4 , p. 38, limited preview in the Google book search
- Arnold Swede: Coins and Medals. Concerning 175 years of coin history in the Association for History and Archeology of Westphalia, Department Paderborn 1999 , viewed on January 9, 2017
- Association history , Altertumsverein Paderborn, viewed on September 11, 2009
- Outline of the history of the AV Hansea ( Memento of the original from June 25, 2009 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. , accessed September 11, 2009
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German clergyman and journalist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||June 5, 1862|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Paderborn|
|DATE OF DEATH||September 12, 1941|
|Place of death||Neuhaus Castle|