Life and work
Miessner was a member of the NSDAP .
After the war Miessner was a member of the DKP-DRP, for which he was elected to the German Bundestag in 1949 . At the Lower Saxony state party congress on August 28, 1949, he supported the National Socialist wing around Franz Richter (that is Fritz Rößler ), which was able to prevail against the more moderate national-conservative wing around Adolf von Thadden . Miessner himself, who had applied with a plea for a synthesis between the "antiquated DNVP line and the revolutionary NSDAP line", was elected deputy judge.
Completely surprisingly, Miessner, who was previously said to have had contacts with the later banned SRP , joined the FDP on October 5, 1950.
He was a member of the German Bundestag from 1949 to 1957 and again from May 21, 1959, when he replaced Carlo Graaff , until 1969. From September 14, 1955 until the end of the second legislative period , he was deputy. Chairman of the Bundestag Committee for Building and Land Law, from 1965 to 1969 Chairman of the Postal Committee of the Bundestag.
- 1968: Cross of Merit 1st Class of the Federal Republic of Germany
- August Ludwig Degener, Walter Habel: Who is who? The German Who's Who. Volume 16: 1969/70. Federal Republic of Germany, West Berlin. Arani, Berlin 1970, ISBN 3-7605-2007-3 , p. 858.
- Rudolf Vierhaus , Ludolf Herbst (eds.), Bruno Jahn (collaborators): Biographical manual of the members of the German Bundestag. 1949-2002. Vol. 1: A-M. KG Saur, Munich 2002, ISBN 3-598-23782-0 , p. 566.
- Miessner, Herwart, Dr. In: Martin Schumacher (Ed.): MdB - The People's Representation 1946–1972. - [Maack bis Muuss] (= KGParl online publications ). Commission for the History of Parliamentarism and Political Parties e. V., Berlin 2006, ISBN 978-3-00-020703-7 , pp. 832 , urn : nbn: de: 101: 1-2014070812574 ( kgparl.de [PDF; 375 kB ; accessed on June 19, 2017]).
- Christof Brauers: The FDP in Hamburg 1945 to 1953. Start as a bourgeois left party. M-Press Meidenbauer, Munich 2007, p. 557.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German politicians (DKP-DRP, DRP, FDP), Member of the Bundestag|
|DATE OF BIRTH||February 19, 1911|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Bromberg|
|DATE OF DEATH||December 7, 2002|