Hubert Heiss attended elementary school and high school in Salzburg , studied business administration and commercial science at the University of Innsbruck and the Vienna University of Economics and Business .
From 1982 to 1985 he worked as a commercial attaché at the Austrian embassy in Algiers . Between 1985 and 1987 he was Deputy Trade Delegate in London . From 1989 he worked for one year at the Federal Ministry for Foreign Affairs for the Economic and Integration Policy Section before becoming Counselor at the Austrian Mission to the European Communities in Brussels in 1991 . From 1995 to 1999 he was envoy and deputy head of mission at the permanent representation of Austria to the EU in Brussels.
In 1999 Heiss worked as the head of the Department for Environment, Transport and Energy in the Federal Ministry for Foreign Affairs and from 2000 to 2003 as head of the staff unit for the coordination of general government policy in the Federal Chancellery.
From 2003 to 2007 he was head of the coordination section in the Federal Chancellery. Heiss was Austria's ambassador in France since June 2007 and co-accredited in the Principality of Monaco . In December 2011 he was followed by Ursula Plassnik , former Foreign Minister, while Heiss returned to the office and took over Section III EU coordination and economic policy matters in the Foreign Ministry .
- Foreign Ministry Austria -> Embassy -> Tokyo -> The Ambassador. (No longer available online.) In: www.bmeia.gv.at. Archived from the original on March 25, 2016 ; accessed on October 17, 2016 . Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Remise de lettres de créance , JORF n ° 150 du 30 June 2007, p. 11225, text n ° 1, NOR MAEP0750061G.
- Section III - EU coordination and economic policy matters ( page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. , bmeia.gv.at → Business division
- Foreign Ministry Austria -> Embassy -> Tokyo. In: www.bmeia.gv.at. Retrieved October 17, 2016 .
- List of all decorations awarded by the Federal President for services to the Republic of Austria from 1952 (PDF; 6.9 MB)
Austrian ambassador to France
List of Austrian ambassadors in Japan
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Austrian ambassador|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1955|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Flags|