She is regarded as one of the specialists in grape varieties and wrote the book Grape Varieties and Their Wines , in which over 800 varieties are described. She began writing for Wine & Spirit magazine in 1971 and became a Master of Wine in 1984 . She is also the editor of the Oxford Wine Dictionary .
Together with Robert Parker , Jancis Robinson is one of the most famous wine experts in the world. In 2004 a dispute between the two caused a stir. Robinson had criticized the 2003 Château Pavie on its website , whereupon Parker questioned its impartiality. Today, according to their own statements, the two get along very well again.
She is married to restaurant critic Nicholas Lander and has three children.
- with Julia Harding and José Vouillamoz : Wine Grapes. A complete guide to 1368 vine varieties, including their origins and flavors. Allan Lane 2012. (Kindle Edition) ISBN 978-1-84614-446-2
- Confessions of a Wine Lover . Viking Books, New York 1997, ISBN 0-670-85423-9 (autobiography)
- Oxford Wine Lexicon ("Oxford Companion to Wine"). Hallwag, Munich 1995, 2003, 2007 ISBN 3-7742-0914-6
- Wine atlas ("The world atlas of wine"). Hallwag, Munich 2002, ISBN 3-7742-0775-5 (together with Hugh Johnson )
- Vines, grapes and wines ( "Vines, Grapes and Wines"). Hallwag, Bern 1987, ISBN 3-444-10333-6
- Oliver Styles: Parker and Robinson in War of Words April 14, 2004, accessed November 8, 2015
- Parker and Robinson in clinch, March 31, 2008, accessed November 8, 2015
- Literature by and about Jancis Robinson in the catalog of the German National Library
- Jancis Robinson's website
- Interview with Jancis Robinson in the NZZ Folio magazine
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||British wine critic|
|DATE OF BIRTH||April 22, 1950|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Allerdale , Cumbria|