Johann Penz , also Hans Penz , (born August 17, 1950 in Maierhöfen in the Melk district ) is a former Austrian politician ( ÖVP ). From 2008 to 2018 he was President of the Lower Austrian Parliament .
After primary school in Gansbach and secondary school in Prinzersdorf, Johann Penz attended the Francisco Josephinum Agricultural College in Wieselburg . He has the professional title of engineer . After his military service, he studied economics at the University of Vienna . From 1973 to 1983 he was secretary of the Lower Austrian Farmers 'Union , in 1983 he was elected director of the Lower Austrian Farmers' Union. He resigned from this mandate in 2010. His successor was Klaudia Tanner .
Penz is a member of the Austrian People's Party (ÖVP) . Since 1984 he has been a member of the state party leadership and the state party executive of the ÖVP Lower Austria as well as the ÖVP district party chairman of the Krems district (excluding the city of Krems).
Lower Austrian Landtag
Johann Penz moved into the Lower Austrian Landtag in 1998 and was the third President of the Landtag from 1998 to 2008. From April 10, 2008, he was President of the Lower Austrian Landtag. On March 22, 2018, Karl Wilfing was elected as his successor.
Penz was a member of the Federal Council from December 1, 1987 to April 15, 1998 . From 1996 to 1998 he was chairman of the EU committee of the Federal Council and a member of numerous other committees. From 1996 to 1998 he was also a member of the Austrian delegation to the Parliamentary Assembly of the Council of Europe.
Penz is honorary chairman of the academics group of the Lower Austrian Farmers Association, chairman of the support association for students of agriculture and forestry and managing director of the Leopold Figl Foundation.
honors and awards
- 1995: Great Silver Decoration of Honor for Services to the Republic of Austria
- 1999: Golden commemorative medal from the parliamentary club of the Austrian People's Party
- 2002: Great badge of honor for services to the Austrian Black Cross
- 2005: Silver Commander's Cross with the Star of Honor for Services to the State of Lower Austria
- 2005: Large Golden Chamber Medal from the Lower Austrian Chamber of Agriculture
- 2007: Golden advancement pin of the Lower Austria Brass Music Association
- 2007: Large gold pin of honor with laurel for services to the city of Krems
- 2008: Golden Commander's Cross with the Star of Honor for Services to the State of Lower Austria
- 2014: Commander with the star of the Papal Order of Knights of St. Gregory the Great
- 2018: Large silver medal on ribbon for services to the Republic of Austria
- 2018: Saxon Constitutional Medal
- Johann Penz on the website of the Austrian Parliament
- Johann Penz on the website of the Lower Austrian Parliament
- CV at the Lower Austrian Parliament (PDF file; 12 kB)
- List of all decorations awarded by the Federal President for services to the Republic of Austria from 1952 (PDF file; 6.59 MB)
- LH Mikl-Leitner presented high honorary medal of the republic to the state parliament president a. D. Hans Penz . OTS bulletin of April 24, 2018, accessed April 25, 2018.
|Austrian politician (ÖVP), member of the state parliament, member of the Federal Council
|DATE OF BIRTH
|17th August 1950
|PLACE OF BIRTH
|Maierhöfen, Melk district