Karl Siegmund von Seckendorff
About the ancestors on the paternal side of Karl Siegmund (also Sigmund Karl) Reichsfreiherrn von Seckendorff-Aberdar :
- The father was Wilhelm Johann Friedrich Reichsfreiherr von Seckendorff-Aberdar, on Markt Sugenheim, Unternzenn etc. (1708–1770); Imperial Real Secret Council, Brandenburg-Kulmbach-Bayreuth Minister, Knight Captain of the Canton Steigerwald.
- The grandfather was Christoph Friedrich Baron von Seckendorff-Aberdar (1679–1759), on Markt Sugenheim, Unternzenn; Brandenburg-Ansbach Minister.
- The great-grandfather was Christoph Sigmund Baron von Seckendorff-Aberdar (1629–1710), on Markt Sugenheim, Obern- und Unternehmerzenn etc .; Imperial real councilor, knight captain of the canton Altmühl.
- The great-great-grandfather was Georg Albrecht Baron von Seckendorr-Aberdar (1594–1632), on Markt Sugenheim, Obern- und Unterstzenn etc.
Karl Siegmund von Seckendorff-Aberdar went into Austrian service in 1759 and remained there until the end of the Seven Years' War in 1763. He then moved as a captain to the royal Sardinian army, where he rose to lieutenant colonel before leaving the army for health reasons and in Saxon-Weimar services entered.
Seckendorff possessed - possibly due to his visit to the Bayreuth Academy of the Arts - knowledge of harmony and composition as well as piano, violin and cello playing. Carl August von Sachsen-Weimar therefore appointed him Chamberlain and "Directeur des plaisirs" in 1775
In Weimar S. belonged to the society of the Duchess Amalia . There he met the circle around Goethe , who came to Weimar at the same time. With his talent for poetry and music, equipped with rich life experience and a varied education, he was able to make his own contribution. He wrote for the German Merkur , provided translations and published an opera in 1779: “Superba”; in the same year he married Sophie von Kalb.
In 1784 he switched to Prussian service and became an authorized minister and Prussian envoy to the Frankish imperial circle , based in Ansbach . There he died of pulmonary tuberculosis on April 26, 1785, before taking up his post .
- Superba , Singspiel (Weim. 1779)
- The wheel of fate or the history of Lake Tchoan-gsee (Dessau and Leipzig 1783) ( digitized version )
- Kalliste , tragedy (that. 1783),
He also published three collections of folk and other songs (Weimar 1779 to 1782).
- Constantin von Wurzbach : Seckendorf, Karl Sigmund Freiherr von . In: Biographisches Lexikon des Kaiserthums Oesterreich . 33. Part. Imperial and Royal Court and State Printing House, Vienna 1877, p. 268 ( digitized version ).
- Franz Brümmer : Seckendorff, Karl Sigmund Freiherr v. In: Allgemeine Deutsche Biographie (ADB). Volume 33, Duncker & Humblot, Leipzig 1891, p. 518.
- Valentin Knab: Karl Siegmund von Seckendorff (1744–1785). A contribution to the history of German folk song and music at the Weimar court in the 18th century (In: 60th Annual Report of the Historical Association for Middle Franconia , Ansbach 1914, pp. 17-184)
- Johann Georg Meusel , Lexicon of German writers who died between 1750 and 1800 , Volume 13, p.4
- Curt Graf von Seckendorff, Karl Siegmund Freiherr von Seckendorff at the Weimar'schen Hofe in the years 1776 - 1785
- Karl August Varnhagen von Ense, Memoirs and Mixed Writings , Volume 4, p.9
- Karl Siegmund von Seckendorff in the Bavarian literature portal (project of the Bavarian State Library )
- Score of the arias and choirs for the Singspiel Lila in the HAAB Weimar
- Michael Embach. Joscelyn Godwin: Johann Friedrich Hugo von Dalberg (1760-1812). Writer - musician - canon . Mainz: Ges.f. Middle Rhine. Church history 1998, p. 172 note 4
- Embach / Godwin, Dalberg, p. 172, note 4
|SURNAME||Seckendorff, Karl Siegmund von|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German poet, actor, composer, director and singer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||November 26, 1744|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||gain|
|DATE OF DEATH||April 26, 1785|
|Place of death||Ansbach|