Karl von Braun
Braun was born in Orb, then Bavaria, in 1832. After graduating from high school in Würzburg in 1850, he studied law and camera science at the Julius Maximilians University of Würzburg and the Ludwig Maximilians University of Munich . In Würzburg he became a member of the Corps Moenania Würzburg in 1851 . He was sworn in to the sovereign Maximilian II Joseph (Bavaria) in 1854 . From 1860 he practiced as an accessist at the Court of Appeal for Lower Franconia and Aschaffenburg in Aschaffenburg. In 1862 he was promoted to substitute for the public prosecutor at the district court of Würzburg. In 1864 he became the second public prosecutor at the district court in Aichach. In April 1870 he became a councilor at the district court in Kronach. In 1874 he was appointed first public prosecutor in Memmingen. In 1879 he was transferred to the Würzburg district court . 1884 to the Higher Regional Court in Bamberg. On New Year's Day 1892 he came to the Reichsgericht . He was active in the 1st Criminal Senate. In a decision of the United Criminal Senate, he convinced with his opinion against the other rapporteurs. After three years of illness, died in office. He was buried in the main cemetery in Würzburg .
- Order of Merit of St. Michael , Knight's Cross 1st Class (1879)
- Order of the Red Eagle II class with oak leaves
- Knight of the Order of Merit of the Bavarian Crown
His father was later a court doctor in Kitzingen. The Catholic Braun, who was interested in botanical studies, married a daughter of Ludwig Rumpf , who taught mineralogy at the local university, while he was working as a substitute public prosecutor in Würzburg . The two had two daughters and a son.
- Negative conflict of competencies within the meaning of § 19 of the StPO . In: Dr. JA Seuffert 's sheets for the law / NF Vol. 66 (1901), p. 221 , .
- Albert Teichmann : Braun, Karl Ludwig August. In: Anton Bettelheim (Hrsg.): Biographisches Jahrbuch and German Nekrolog. Vol. 8 (1905), p. 267.
- Ernst von Bomhard : Reich judge Karl von Braun †. In: The law. 1903, p. 570.
- Official directory of the staff of teachers, civil servants and students at the royal Bavarian Ludwig Maximilians University in Munich, academic year 1851/52, Munich 1852, p. 22 .
- Kösener corps lists 1910, 207 , 232
|SURNAME||Braun, Karl von|
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Braun, Karl Ludwig August (full name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German Imperial Judge|
|DATE OF BIRTH||March 26, 1832|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Bad Orb|
|DATE OF DEATH||October 29, 1903|
|Place of death||Leipzig|