|Kehrwegstadion (grandstand 3)|
|place||Eupen , Belgium|
|Coordinates||50 ° 37 '32 " N , 6 ° 2' 45.1" E|
|owner||City of Eupen|
|opening||October 1, 1947|
|Renovations||1969, 1974, 1993–1994 and 2010|
|costs||€ 5 million (renovation 2010)|
|playing area||102.75 × 64.55 m|
The Kehrwegstadion is a football stadium in the Belgian city of Eupen , seat of government of the German-speaking Community , in the province of Liège . It is the home of the KAS Eupen football club .
The stadium belongs to the city of Eupen and the main user is the KAS Eupen football club . It holds 8363 spectators, has three covered grandstands, a covered standing grandstand and a football canteen. The stadium was commissioned in 1947, and several extensions were made in 1969, 1974, 1993-1994. There are also boxes and a restaurant above the main grandstand. KAS Eupen was promoted to the Jupiler Pro League in 2010 . For the 2010/11 season in the first division, the stadium therefore had to be renovated and expanded in order to meet the requirements of the first Belgian division. It was completed on the targeted date in October 2010. The capacity increased to over 8000 seats, the floodlights were improved and the playing field received underfloor heating . The costs amounted to around 5 million euros . In the first game in the renovated stadium on October 16, 2010, KAS Eupen clearly defeated VV St. Truiden 6-0.
The Eupener Stadion was a venue for the U-17 European Football Championship in 2007 .
The Kehrwegstadion has a total capacity of 8363 seats (5603 seats, 2760 standing places), distributed over four grandstands. With the exception of grandstand '1bis' and parts of grandstand 3, all seats are covered.
Overview of the grandstands:
- Grandstand 1: 800 seats, 155 business seats and 560 standing places (T1bis)
- Grandstand 2: 2390 seats
- Grandstand 3: 2258 seats (407 of which are uncovered)
- Stand 4: 2200 standing places
- as-eupen.be: The stadium on the club side
- euro.stades.ch: Detailed picture gallery from September 2008 (French)
- groundhopping.de: Visitor report from 2001
- ↑ Het Kehrwegstadion detailed portrait on the page kmskdeinze.be
- ↑ brf.be: Party in the Kehrweg Stadium: AS Eupen rises in 1st division on article from May 25, 2010
- ↑ brf.be: AS Eupen's stadium is now suitable for the first division Article from October 15, 2010
- ↑ brf.be: 6-0 victory: AS Eupen opens stadium with a bang Article from October 16, 2010
- ↑ sport.be.msn.com: Match report ( Memento of the original from October 21, 2010 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. (Dutch)