Gravelines nuclear power plant
|Gravelines nuclear power plant|
|Commercial operation:||March 13, 1980|
Active reactors (gross):
|6 (5,706 MW)|
|Energy fed in in 2010:||36,625.43 GWh|
|Energy fed in since commissioning:||1,013,646.01 GWh|
|Website:||Side of the operator|
|Was standing:||June 3, 2011|
|The data source of the respective entries can be found in the documentation .|
The Gravelines nuclear power plant consists of six pressurized water reactors of the same type, each with a net output of 910 MW. The operator is the French company Électricité de France (EDF). Water from the English Channel , on the coast of which the nuclear power plant is located, is used for cooling .
It is located near the French town of Gravelines in the Hauts-de-France region in the Nord department , about 20 kilometers from the cities of Dunkirk and Calais . It employs around 1,700 people and is the top performing in France.
Cities like Ghent, Brussels (157 km), Antwerp (160 km), Maastricht, Aachen and Cologne / Bonn are in the main wind direction. London is located 167 km west-northwest.
The six pressurized water reactors each have a net output of 910 megawatts (MW) and a gross output of 951 MW. It is (as of 2012) with a gross output of 5,706 MW it is the most powerful nuclear power plant in France and one of the oldest nuclear power plants still in operation in France. It is the second largest nuclear power plant in Europe. It feeds an average of 37 billion kilowatt hours into the public power grid every year . Annual production corresponds to around nine to ten percent of the electricity generated in French nuclear power plants.
Construction of the first reactor block began on February 1, 1975, and the construction of five more reactor blocks began in the following 56 months. The first was put into operation on March 13, 1980; the last on August 1, 1985.
On October 18, 2016, the nuclear regulatory authority ( ASN ) announced that within three months, EDF had to perform an unscheduled check of the functionality of steam generators at the Gravelines 4 nuclear reactor and four other nuclear reactors that are currently running.
Data of the reactor blocks
The Gravelines nuclear power plant has a total of six blocks :
|Reactor block||Reactor type||net
|start of building||Network
of essential operation
|Gravelines 1||Pressurized water reactor||910 MW||951 MW||02/01/1975||March 13, 1980||11/25/1980||2028|
|Gravelines 2||Pressurized water reactor||910 MW||951 MW||03/01/1975||08/26/1980||December 01, 1980||2028|
|Gravelines 3||Pressurized water reactor||910 MW||951 MW||December 01, 1975||12/12/1980||06/01/1981||2028|
|Gravelines 4||Pressurized water reactor||910 MW||951 MW||04/01/1976||06/14/1981||10/01/1981||2028|
|Gravelines 5||Pressurized water reactor||910 MW||951 MW||10/01/1979||08/28/1984||January 15, 1985||2028|
|Gravelines 6||Pressurized water reactor||910 MW||951 MW||10/01/1979||08/01/1985||25.10.1985||2028|
- Power Reactor Information System of the IAEA : "France (French Republic): Nuclear Power Reactors" (English)
- Nuclear Power in Ukraine ( Memento of the original from October 11, 2006 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. (English)
- www.asn.fr: L'ASN prescrit la réalisation sous trois mois de contrôles sur les générateurs de vapeur de cinq réacteurs d'EDF dont l'acier présente une concentration élevée en carbone (press release)
- Décision n ° 2016-DC-0572 de l'ASN du 18 octobre 2016 ( page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- FAZ.net October 19, 2016
- Olivier Dufourg: Gravelines EDF investit 1.8 billion for prolonger la vie de la centrale nucléaire ( French ) lavoixdunord.fr. October 28, 2018. Retrieved November 19, 2019.