Klementia of Habsburg
Klementia von Habsburg (* around 1262, † 1293 ) was a member of the House of Habsburg .
Klementia was born the younger daughter of Rudolf IV von Habsburg and his first wife Gertrude von Hohenberg .
The Habsburgs were a relatively insignificant family until Klementia's father Rudolf was elected Roman-German king in 1273 . Then began the rise of the Habsburgs to the ruling dynasty of the Holy Roman Empire .
Klementia was the sixth of ten children. Her brother Albrecht I succeeded his father as Roman-German king. Her brother Hartmann drowned in 1281. Rudolf II became Duke of Swabia , but died in 1290. Klementia and her sisters were married to powerful princes: Mathilde married Ludwig, Duke of Upper Bavaria , Katharina Otto III. von Niederbayern , Hedwig Otto VI., Margrave of Brandenburg-Salzwedel , Agnes Duke Albrecht II. of Saxe-Wittenberg and Guta King Wenzel II. of Bohemia . In this way Rudolf IV secured the support of the powerful princes in the empire.
After the death of Klementia's mother in 1281, Rudolf married Isabella of Burgundy . Apart from Guta, she was younger than her stepchildren.
Marriage and offspring
On 11 January 1281 she married in Vienna Charles Martel, titular king of Hungary (* 1271, † 1295), son of Charles II of Anjou. And Mary of Hungary (1257-1323) . Your children were:
- Karl Robert (* 1288; † 1342), King of Hungary, married four times
- Beatrix (* 1290 † 1354), ⚭ 1296 Johann II (* 1280; † 1319), Dauphin von Viennois ( La Tour-du-Pin house )
- Klementia (Clémence) (* 1293; † 1328), ⚭ 1315 Louis X. the quarrel (* 1289; † 1316), King of France ( list of the Capetians )
Her husband was named Titular King of Hungary by Pope Nicholas IV as the successor to his maternal uncle. But he did not rule himself. The real power had his cousin Andreas III.
Klementia was buried in the Cathedral of Naples .
- ↑ Miroslav Marek: Habsburg 2 . Genealogy.EU.
- ↑ ALO docView - 06 Biographical Lexicon of the Austrian Empire (1860). Retrieved August 4, 2019 .
- ↑ Capet 19. Retrieved August 4, 2019 .
|SURNAME||Klementia of Habsburg|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Titular Queen of Hungary, member of the House of Habsburg|
|DATE OF BIRTH||around 1262|
|DATE OF DEATH||1293|