Live and act
Krist Gruijthuiijsen was artistic director of the Grazer Kunstverein from 2012 to 2016 , and from 2011 to 2016 course instructor for the master's degree in fine arts at the Sandberg Instituut in Amsterdam. Gruijthuijsen is one of the founding directors of the Kunstverein in Amsterdam and has organized exhibitions and projects, among others as part of Manifesta 7 as part of the curatorial team of Adam Budak ( Trentino ), in the Platform Garanti Contemporary Art Center Istanbul , in the Artists Space New York , in the Museum of Contemporary Art Belgrade , the Stedelijk Museum , the Arnolfini Bristol , the Swiss Institute New York, the Van Abbemuseum , the Project Arts Center Dublin , the Utah Museum of Contemporary Art Salt Lake City and the Institute of Modern Art Brisbane .
Since 2016 he has been director of the KW Institute for Contemporary Art in Berlin, where he curated exhibitions with, among others, Ian Wilson , Ronald Jones , Hiwa K , Willem de Rooij , Beatriz González , David Wojnarowicz and Hreinn Friðfinnsson .
- with Koen Brams: The Encyclopedia of Fictional Artists and the Addition . JRP Ringier, Zurich 2010, ISBN 978-3-03764-123-1
- Doug Ashford: Writings and Conversations. Mousse Publishing, 2013, ISBN 978-8-8674907-5-2
- with Florence Derieux, Bettina Steinbrügge: Lisa Oppenheim: Works 2003–2013 . Sternberg Press, 2014, ISBN 978-3-95679-040-9
- Vincent Fecteau: The good, the bad, and the ugly . Sternberg Press, Berlin 2015, ISBN 978-3-95679-132-1
- Contact | KW friends. Retrieved July 14, 2020 .
- Riavo Puusemp Dissolution: Aarron Moulton. Retrieved July 15, 2020 .
- Van Eyck - Krist Gruijthuijsen. Retrieved July 15, 2020 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Dutch curator and art critic|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1980|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Netherlands|