Kirchgeorg studied business administration at the Westphalian Wilhelms University , where he concluding 1985 business graduate received. Kirchgeorg received his doctorate in 1989 on the subject of "Market-oriented Environmental Management" and completed his habilitation in 1998 on "Market Strategic Circular Management", both at the Westphalian Wilhelms University.
Kirchgeorg is the owner since 1998, the Department of Marketing Management at the Graduate School of Management (HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management). His chair has been sponsored by Deutsche Post AG since 2013 and has been dedicated to the Deutsche Post Chair for Marketing, especially E-Commerce and Cross-Media Management , since 2019 . Research projects in the areas of holistic brand research , sustainability marketing , cross-media management and e-commerce are organized at his chair in four competence centers . In the 2014 Masters in Management Ranking carried out by the Financial Times , the marketing focus represented by Kirchgeorg at HHL was ranked fourth among the world's top offers.
As a member of the core team of the HHL - Leipzig Graduate School of Management , he developed a “Leipzig management model” together with Timo Meynhardt , Andreas Pinkwart , Andreas Suchanek and Henning Zülch .
Kirchgeorg has a wide range of teaching positions at various universities in Germany and abroad. He is a member of numerous business associations and associations. In addition to membership in the Association of University Lecturers for Business Administration e. V., the American Marketing Association, the Academy of Management, the Beta Gamma Sigma Chapter of AACSB and the Schmalenbach-Gesellschaft für Betriebswirtschaft e. V. Kirchgeorg is a founding member of the Automotive Cluster East Germany (ACOD). He is also active on various supervisory boards, including Unilever Deutschland Holding GmbH. He is a member of the board of trustees of the Media Foundation of Sparkasse Leipzig and since 2006 he has been a member of the board of the Scientific Society for Marketing and Management. V. as well as the Academic Marketing Society e. V. and member of the global network Microeconomics of Competitiveness (MoC) founded by Michael E. Porter at Harvard Business School . Prof. Kirchgeorg has been chairman of the MoC Curriculum Council since December 2017. Kirchgeorg was one of the speakers at the 3rd International Cluster Conference 2015 of the Federal Ministry of Education and Research .
Kirchgeorg has been the chief juror of the Leipzig Marketing Prize, which is awarded annually by the Marketing Club Leipzig, since 2014. He is also a member of the transfer platform "mission2impact", which has been preparing scientific findings for practice in innovation and consulting projects since 2019.
- Manfred Kirchgeorg: Ecology-oriented corporate behavior - typologies and explanatory approaches on an empirical basis. Wiesbaden 1990, ISBN 3-409-13366-6
- Heribert Meffert , Manfred Kirchgeorg: Market-oriented environmental management - basics and case studies. 3rd edition, Stuttgart 1998, ISBN 3-7910-0586-3
- Manfred Kirchgeorg: Market-strategic cycle management: goals, strategies and structural concepts. Wiesbaden 1999, also: Habilitation thesis, University of Münster (Westphalia), 1998, ISBN 3-409-18989-0
- Manfred Kirchgeorg, Werner M. Dornscheidt and Wilhelm Giese: Handbook fair management. Wiesbaden 2003, ISBN 3-409-12417-9
- Bernd Schäppi, Mogens M. Andreasen, Manfred Kirchgeorg, Franz-Josef Radermacher: Product Development Manual. Wiesbaden 2005, ISBN 3-446-22838-1
- Manfred Kirchgeorg, Werner M. Dornscheidt, Wilhelm Giese, Norbert Stoeck: Trade Show Management. Wiesbaden 2005, ISBN 978-3-409-14333-2
- Manfred Bruhn , Manfred Kirchgeorg and Johannes Meier: Market-oriented leadership in economic and social change. Wiesbaden 2007, ISBN 978-3-8349-0370-9
- Manfred Kirchgeorg, Christiane Springer, Christian Brühe: Live Communication Management: A strategic guideline for conception, implementation and success control. Wiesbaden 2009, ISBN 3-8349-1025-2
- Manfred Kirchgeorg, Beatrice Ermer, Martin Wiedmann: Messen & Live Communication 2020 . Berlin 2012. ISBN 978-3-937480-33-6
- Christoph Burmann , Heribert Meffert and Manfred Kirchgeorg: Marketing workbook: Tasks - case studies - solutions. 11th edition, Wiesbaden 2013, ISBN 978-3-8349-3863-3
- Christoph Burmann, Heribert Meffert, Manfred Kirchgeorg and Maik Eisenbeiß: Marketing: Basics of market-oriented corporate management. 13th edition, Wiesbaden 2018, ISBN 3-6582-1195-4
- Heribert Meffert, Peter Kenning , and Manfred Kirchgeorg (Eds.): Sustainable Marketing Management - Basics and Cases. Wiesbaden 2014, ISBN 978-3-658-02436-9
- Manfred Kirchgeorg, Timo Meynhardt, Andreas Pinkwart, Andreas Suchanek, Henning Zülch: The Leipzig leadership model: Leading and contributing . 3rd, verb. Edition, Leipzig 2019. ISBN 978-3-9818509-5-6 ISBN 978-3-9818509-6-3 (EPUB)
- Manfred Bruhn, Manfred Kirchgeorg, Marketing Thinking Ahead : Future Paths for Market-Oriented Management , Wiesbaden 2017, ISBN 3-658-18538-4
- Manfred Kirchgeorg, Werner M. Dornscheidt, Norbert Stoeck: Handbook of trade fair management - planning, implementation and control of trade fairs, congresses and events, 2nd edition, Wiesbaden 2018, ISBN 978-3-8349-3368-3
- Prof. Dr. Manfred Kirchgeorg in the Gabler Wirtschaftslexikon . ( gabler.de [accessed on November 22, 2017]).
- Prof. Dr. Manfred Kirchgeorg | European Institute for Journalism and Communication Research. (No longer available online.) Archived from the original on November 17, 2017 ; accessed on November 16, 2017 (German). Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Prof. Dr. Manfred Kirchgeorg. (PDF) (No longer available online.) Handelshochschule Leipzig (HHL), archived from the original on 23 August 2017 ; Retrieved July 29, 2017 . Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Siegfried Vögele Institute establishes a new endowed professorship for marketing at HHL. December 18, 2013. Retrieved July 29, 2017 .
- Masters in Management Ranking 2014
- Meynhardt, Timo, Pinkwart, Andreas, Suchanek, Andreas, Zülch, Henning: The Leipzig leadership model: Leading and contributing. Ed .: HHL Leipzig Graduate School of Management. 3rd, verb. Edition. HHL Academic Press, Leipzig 2019, ISBN 978-3-9818509-5-6 .
- Clusters promote innovation - 500 experts met for the 3rd International Cluster Conference of the BMBF - BioEconomy . In: BioEconomy . July 8, 2015 ( bioeconomy.de [accessed October 16, 2017]).
- LVZ-Online: Marketing Prize for Leipzig Gewandhaus. Retrieved October 16, 2017 .
- Team - Mission2Impact. Retrieved on May 6, 2020 (German).
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German economist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1958|