Nadja Regin (* 2. December 1931 as Nadežda Poderegin in Nis , † 6. April 2019 ) was a Yugoslav actress who in the early 1960s, including in two James Bond films as well as in three Edgar Wallace - short films participated .
She was born in the Kingdom of Yugoslavia in 1931 . In the late 1940s and early 1950s, Nadja Poderegin, as she was still known at the time, took part in three films that were produced in what was then Yugoslavia. She first appeared as Nadja Regin in the film drama Das Haus on the Coast , co-produced by the Federal Republic of Germany in 1953, and from then on kept this stage name, although she sometimes called herself Nadja Regen, Nadia Regin and Nadja Ragin.
She became internationally known for her participation in the two James Bond films From Moscow with Love (1963) and Goldfinger (1964). Shortly thereafter, she worked in the New Zealand thriller Runaway for the last time in a movie and then only played in television series before she retired completely from the film business in 1968 .
In the 1960s, she moved to London with her Polish husband, the industrialist Michael Szrajber (1922–2009), and they later divorced. After her film career, Nadja Regin worked as a screenwriter for the BBC . Together with her sister Jelena Poderegin, who also lived in London, she founded Honeyglen Publishing . In this, in addition to numerous other books, the English translation made by Nadja Regin of the novel Svitanje , written by her mother, the teacher Milka Bajić-Poderegin (1904–1971), appeared under the title The Dawning .
- 1954: The house on the coast
- 1954: novel by a gynecologist
- 1955: Doctor M's column ( Esalon doktora M. )
- 1955: You my silent valley
- 1955: The front rooster
- 1957: The man without a body
- 1957: Country innocence
- 1957: Goodbye, Franziska!
- 1957: Everything will be fine
- 1960: We never want to part
- 1961: You have to be blonde on Capri
- 1962: Diamonds of Death: Solo for Inspector Sparrow
- 1963: James Bond 007 - From Russia With Love ( From Russia with Love )
- 1964: James Bond 007 - Goldfinger ( Goldfinger )
- 1964: Runaway
- Nadja Regin. In: Christine Manby Nadja Regin: Serbian actor who found fame alongside Sean Connery in From Russia With Love and Goldfinger. , The Independent , April 8, 2019.
- Ferid Mujezinović, Buntovnica s razlogom , Politika Online, September 15, 2006
- Exclusive interview with Nadja Regin on 007magazine.co.uk ( 1st continuation , 2nd continuation )
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Poderegin, Nadežda (maiden name); Poderegin, Nadja (stage name in Yugoslavia)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Yugoslav actress|
|DATE OF BIRTH||December 2, 1931|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Niš , Kingdom of Yugoslavia|
|DATE OF DEATH||April 6, 2019|