Origin and meaning
Hebrew : God (el) has given (natan) , also God's gift or gift
- Nathanael (disciple) , disciple of Jesus
- Ludwig Matthias Nathanael Gottlieb von Brauchitsch (1757–1827), honorary citizen of Berlin
- Nathanael Burger (1733–1780), German missionary to China from the Franciscan order and bishop
- Nathanael S. Gray , biochemist and molecular biologist
- Nathanael Greene (1742–1786), American general in the American War of Independence
- Nathanael Herreshoff (1848–1938), American yacht constructor, designer and boat builder
- Nathanael Friedrich von Köstlin (1776–1855), Protestant professor of theology, senior consistorial councilor and prelate and general superintendent of Tübingen
- Nathanael Gottfried Leske (1751–1786), German naturalist
- Nathanael Pringsheim (1823-1894), German botanist and privy councilor
- Nathanael Weil (1687–1769), chief rabbi in the margraviate of Baden and Talmud scholar
- Nathanael West (1903-1940), American writer
- Nathanael Liminski (* 1985), German politician (CDU)
- Nathaniel Clyne (* 1991), English football player
- Nathaniel Chalobah (* 1994), English football player
- Nathaniel Folsom (1726–1790), American politician
- Nathaniel Carl Goodwin (1857-1919), American actor
- Nathaniel W. Howell (1770–1851), American lawyer and politician
- Nathaniel Lee (1653-1692), English playwright
- Nathaniel Mitchell (1753–1814), American politician, Governor of the State of Delaware from 1805 to 1808
- Nathaniel Pitcher (1777–1836), American politician
- Nathaniel Rochester (1919–2001), American computer scientist
- Nathaniel de Rothschild (1812–1870), founder of the French branch of the Rothschild family
- Nathaniel Ward (1791–1868), English doctor, "greenhouse inventor"
- Elena Nathanael (1947–2008), Greek actress
- Eliza Nathanael (* 1973), Indonesian badminton player
- Glory Onome Nathaniel (* 1996), Nigerian hurdler
Name bearers in literature
- The protagonist in ETA Hoffmann's Der Sandmann .
- One of the main characters in the Bartimaeus trilogy by Jonathan Stroud.
- The main character in Cooper's Leatherstocking and other novels is called Nathaniel (Natty) Bumppo .