An authority is situated right below the ministerial level federal or the German authorities multilevel building top, upper, middle and lower authority Land authority.
Its competence extends to the entire federal or state territory and it is directly subordinate to a supreme authority. The higher authority is often a specialized authority outsourced from the subordinate ministry.
Higher authorities generally have no subordinate authorities, but it is not uncommon for them to have one or more branch offices.
In the federal area, the higher authorities are often called the Federal Office or Federal Agency .
Higher federal authorities are for example:
- Federal Criminal Police Office (BKA), Wiesbaden with branch offices
- Federal Police Headquarters , Potsdam with eleven subordinate Federal Police Directorates
- Federal Motor Transport Authority (KBA), Flensburg
- Federal Aviation Office (LBA), Braunschweig
- Federal Office for Goods Transport (BAG), Cologne
- Federal Office for Migration and Refugees (BAMF), Nuremberg with numerous branch offices
- Federal Office for the Protection of the Constitution (BfV), Cologne
- Federal Intelligence Service (BND), Berlin and branch offices
- Federal Office for Economics and Export Control (BAFA), Eschborn
- Federal Office of Administration (BVerwA), Cologne
- Federal Language Office (BSprA), Hürth
- Federal Network Agency for Electricity, Gas, Telecommunications, Post and Railways , Bonn
- Federal Cartel Office , Bonn
- Federal Office of Justice , Bonn
Some authorities with the rank of higher federal authority are referred to as central federal authorities .
Higher state authorities in Hesse are, for example:
- State Office for the Protection of the Constitution of Hesse (LAV), Wiesbaden
- Hessian State Office for Nature Conservation, Environment and Geology (HLNUG), Wiesbaden
- Hessian calibration directorate , Darmstadt
- Hessen Mobil - Road and Traffic Management, Wiesbaden (since January 1, 2012, as the successor to the Hessian State Office for Roads and Transport [LASV], Wiesbaden, and the offices for road and transport and the road and motorway maintenance offices assigned to them)
- Hessian State Examination and Investigation Office in Health Care , Frankfurt am Main and Dillenburg
- Information technology office of the Hessian judiciary , Bad Vilbel
In Hesse state area, there are in addition to the country's top authorities ( State Office , State Office ), the country's institutions . Both are missing because of their z. Some of the orientation towards the science and information area often has a certain territorial reference; they are also responsible for the entire country.