Ottokar I. (Styria)
Ottokar was a Traungauer , son of Otakar / Oci V. († 1020) and Willibirg, daughter of Arnold II of Wels-Lambach . In 1048 (?) He is attested as a count in Chiemgau . After the Counts of Wels-Lambach died out , he was Margrave of the Karantaner Mark from 1056, for whom the name Styria became common after his castle Steyr in Traungau . He was married to Willibirg von Eppenstein , possibly a daughter of Duke Adalberos of Carinthia . He was co-heir of the Wels-Lambach estates and, after 1056, Vogt von Lambach . He was also Vogt of Traunkirchen , Obermünster and Persenbeug and co-founder of Admont Abbey . He was also involved in founding the Garsten Abbey as a collegiate foundation .
- Adalbero der Raue, Count im Ennstal († November 22, 1082; murdered)
- Ottokar II. , 1082–1122 Margrave
- Karl Brunner : 907-1156. Duchies and Marches. From the Hungarian storm to the 12th century (= Herwig Wolfram (Hrsg.): Österreichische Geschichte. ). Ueberreuter, Vienna 1994, ISBN 3-8000-3521-9 .
- Hans Pirchegger : History of Styria. Volume 1: Until 1283. (= General history of states. Dept. 3: German national histories. Work 12, 1). Pertes, Gotha 1920.
- Walter Brandau, History of Styria, Graz 1966.
|Arnold II von Wels-Lambach and his son Gottfried von Pitten||
Margrave of Styria
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Margrave of Styria|
|DATE OF BIRTH||11th century|
|DATE OF DEATH||on March 29, 1075|
|Place of death||Rome|