Peter Arnold (musician)
Peter Arnold's father, Karl Arnold, was the solo horn player in the Südwestfunk Symphony Orchestra Baden-Baden and a member of the legendary wind quintet of the Südwestfunk . Peter Arnold studied with his father in Baden-Baden and Heidelberg , then with Hermann Baumann at the Folkwang Music Academy in Essen .
In 1974 he became principal horn of the Philharmonic Orchestra of the City of Essen .
From 1976 to 2007 Peter Arnold was principal horn in the SWR Radio Orchestra Kaiserslautern . From 2007 to 2010 he was engaged in the same position in the orchestra of the Deutsche Radio Philharmonie Saarbrücken Kaiserslautern . He is also a member of the Mithras Octet and the Südwestdeutsche Rundfunksolisten as well as a guest in the Württemberg Chamber Orchestra Heilbronn . In addition to his extensive chamber music activities with leading ensembles, he gives concerts as a soloist and chamber musician in Europe, America and Asia.
Since 1981 he has been a lecturer for horn at the State University of Music Heidelberg-Mannheim , where he was appointed professor in 1999.
International Black Forest Horn Days
In 1998 Peter Arnold founded the International Glottertäler Horn Days together with Stephan Rinklin , at which Hermann Baumann , Nigel Downing, Ifor James , Christian Lampert , Erich Penzel , Will Sanders , Samuel Seidenberg, Ralf Springmann, Paulo Munoz-Toledo, Johannes Hinterholzer and he, among others offered or offer master classes themselves . In addition, the composer Rolf Schweizer († 2016) has been a regular director of the International Black Forest Horn Orchestra since 2000 , which has since rehearsed and performed several works composed by Schweizer especially for the Horn Days . Also acts Franz Schüssele as alphorn players on the Horn days. Since 2006, the master classes have been held as the International Black Forest Horn Days under the artistic direction of Peter Arnold at the BDB Music Academy in Staufen . The Black Forest Horn Days are one of the largest music educational events for horn players.
Peter Arnold was and is the conductor of wind bands . After leading the music association Otterberg near Kaiserslautern for several years . he has been the conductor of the Hauenstein Music Association since the beginning of 2017 . He is also chairman of the Palatinate Music Society. V. based in Ludwigshafen am Rhein
- Website of the Black Forest Horn Days at the BDB Music Academy Staufen
- Website of the Otterberg Music Association ( Memento of the original from October 29, 2015 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. , accessed November 3, 2015.
-  Pirmasenser Zeitung: Professor Peter Arnold promises "rock what it takes" ; accessed on June 22, 2017
- Website of the Palatinate Music Society e. V. accessed on June 22, 2017
- Peter Arnold's website
- Black Forest Horn Days
- Portrait in Eurowinds 1/2012
- Works by and about Peter Arnold in the catalog of the German National Library
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German horn player|
|DATE OF BIRTH||April 16, 1952|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||trier|