phase7 performing.arts is a Berlin artist collective that was founded in 1999 by Sven Sören Beyer. The headquarters of the Germany-wide network is Berlin. phase7 is known for productions that combine media and theater in an extraordinary way. Software artists , computer experts, performing artists and musicians design commissioned work for science and business as well as their own art projects under the direction of Beyer . In 2001 phase7 was commissioned to open the Federal Chancellery by drafting an extraordinary concept .
In addition to director Sven Sören Beyer, the core team of phase7 u. a. Interactive artist Frieder Weiss , composer Christian Steinhäuser, lighting designer Björn Herrmann, costume designer Pedro Richter, choreographer Lydia Klement and author and director Christiane Neudecker .
In the last few years phase7 has been promoted through productions a. a. internationally known in China , Oman , Portugal and Dubai . In 2019 phase7 last staged the opening ceremony of the European Capital of Culture Plovdiv , Bulgaria. The central element of the show was a 30-meter-high media tower, which was specially designed and built for the event, a 360-degree display on five levels with more than 1,500 show participants from Bulgaria and other EU countries.
Projects implemented in Berlin included the celebrations for the fall of the Berlin Wall at the Brandenburg Gate (2014), the opening of the season of the Deutsche Oper Berlin with "Heavenly Mechanics - a Dislocation" (2013) and the Einstein opera "C-the speed of light" in summer 2005 , which took place in a spherical media dome on Bebelplatz .
- 2019 "WE ARE ALL COLORS" - Opening of the European Capital of Culture Plovdiv, Bulgaria
- 2018 "Arts for the people" - Opening of the Weywuying Performing Arts Center in Kaohsiung, Taiwan
- 2018 “Nobody but a princess” - HC Andersen Festivals, Denmark
- 2017 “Sunshine Freedom and a little Flower” - HC Andersen Festivals, Denmark
- 2015 Closing Ceremony - 25 years of German Unity Day in Frankfurt a. M.
- 2015 “Midnight Reflexions - A Silent Concert” - Bergen International Festival
- 2015 "Delusions II" - Shanghai International Arts Festival
- 2014 “Courage to Freedom” - Citizens' Festival celebrating 25 years of the fall of the Wall at the Brandenburg Gate , Berlin
- 2014 “Burning Snow” Opening Ceremony - European Capital of Culture Umea , Sweden
- 2013 “Heavenly Mechanics - A Dislocation” - walk-in opera, music by Maurice Kagel and Christian Steinhäuser, season opening 13/14 of the Deutsche Oper Berlin
- 2013 “Murmuration” - Official opening of the Bergen International Festival
- 2012 “Neither” - Opera by Samuel Beckett and Morton Feldmann , Radialsystem V Berlin
- 2008 "Onskebronn" - interactive media sculpture in Sandnes / Norway
- 2008 Closing Ceremony of the European Capital of Culture Stavanger , Norway
- 2005 "C - The Speed of Light" - cross-media opera on the occasion of the Einstein year; Premiere Berlin / Bebelplatz
- 2004 DELUSIONS, State Opera Stuttgart
- 2001 Opening of the Federal Chancellery in Berlin