|Residents (state)||562 pop. (2012 census)|
Climate diagram Cochabamba
Location in the vicinity
Pocoata is the central place of the canton Pocoata in the district ( Bolivian : Municipio ) Arani in the province of Arani . The village is located at an altitude of on the course of the Río Grande , which joins two kilometers northwest of the village with the Quebrada Lampar to the Río Acequia .
The mean average temperature of the region is around 18 ° C (see climate diagram Cochabamba) and fluctuates only slightly between 14 ° C in June / July and 20 ° C in October / November. The annual precipitation is only around 450 mm, with a pronounced dry season from May to September with monthly precipitation below 10 mm, and a humidity period from December to February with 90 to 120 mm monthly precipitation.
Pocoata is 62 kilometers by road south of Cochabamba , the capital of the department of the same name.
From Cochabamba the paved road Ruta 7 leads in a south-easterly direction 41 kilometers to San Benito , from there a dirt road further south-east via Punata to Arani . From there, an unpaved road continues to the southeast and after seven kilometers reaches Pocoata .
The town's population has decreased by around a third in the past two decades:
- Instituto Nacional de Estadística Bolivia (INE) 1992
- INE - Instituto Nacional de Estadística Bolivia 2001
- INE - Instituto Nacional de Estadística Bolivia 2012 ( Memento of the original from July 22, 2011 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link has been inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- INE social data Cochabamba 2001 (PDF; 8.0 MB)
- Municipio Arani - General Maps No. 30501
- Municipio Arani - detailed map and population data (PDF; 285 kB) ( Spanish )
- Departamento Cochabamba - social data of the municipalities (PDF; 7.58 MB) ( Spanish )