Rudolf Fischer (Manager)
In 1983 Fischer took over the management of accounting and taxes at Alcatel Austria and in 1988 he was also responsible for controlling . From 1989 to 1993, in his role as Managing Director of AOSA, a joint venture between Siemens AG and Alcatel Austria, Fischer played a key role in the expansion of the Austrian public telephone system. In 1994 he was appointed CEO of United Telecom Investment BV in the Netherlands and, as part of this activity, managed the largest alternative network operator in Hungary . Between 1996 and 1998 he was President of LTOA, an association of local telecommunications operators in Hungary.
In November 1998 Rudolf Fischer became director of the board of Telekom Austria AG, responsible for technology and operations. In November 2001 he took over the management of the entire fixed network area as Chief Operative Officer (COO). On May 24, 2006, Rudolf Fischer also became Deputy General Director of the Telekom Austria Group. Fischer resigned as CEO of the Telekom Austria Group and CEO of Telekom Austria TA AG on August 31, 2008.
Public prosecutor's investigation
Stock price manipulation
In August 2011, the Austrian news magazine News reported on Fischer's possible involvement in alleged manipulation of the Telekom Austria share price in February 2004.
On December 14, 2015, he was sentenced to one year for embezzlement due to the payment of 1.1 million euros by Telekom Austria to Alfons Mensdorff-Pouilly , who was also sentenced to three years of unconditional imprisonment and damages in the amount of this payment plus interest sentenced to unconditional imprisonment. These convictions are not final.
Rudolf Fischer is married and has one son.
At the beginning of January 2013, the Vienna public prosecutor brought charges against Fischer in the so-called Telekom Austria affair . Together with Gernot Rumpold and other people, he was accused of infidelity and false statements. Another indictment in this case became known on January 21, 2013. Fischer, along with Peter Hochegger , Klaus Wittauer and other people , was accused of infidelity , false evidence and money laundering .
In April 2013, Fischer was sentenced to three years in connection with the manipulation of Telekom share prices from 2004. In August of the same year he was sentenced to another six months and two and a half years on probation for breach of trust at the expense of Telekom Austria with regard to a hidden payment of 600,000 euros to the FPÖ . These judgments are pending. In the process of covert party donations to the BZÖ before the 2006 National Council elections, Fischer was legally acquitted in September 2013.
- Telekom Austria Group Annual Report 2004: Biography of Rudolf Fischer ( Memento of the original dated February 6, 2007 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Telekom Austria ad hoc announcement of July 21, 2008: Fischer resigns as of August 31, 2008 ( memento of the original of September 5, 2008 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- derStandard.at: Ex-TA board member in the network of corruption investigators , August 10, 2011, last accessed on August 10, 2011
- Profile from September 10, 2011, Telekom deception
- Ö1 morning journal of August 26, 2011, http://oe1.orf.at/artikel/284620
- Die Presse : Three years imprisonment for lobbyist Mensdorff-Pouilly from December 14, 2015, accessed on December 16, 2014
- Rumpold indictment: FPÖ comes under pressure . In: The press . January 8, 2013
- TA: Indictment against Hochegger, Fischer, Wittauer . In: ORF , January 21, 2013
- Final acquittal for ex-board member Fischer in the BZÖ case . In: Wiener Zeitung , September 18, 2013
- List of all decorations awarded by the Federal President for services to the Republic of Austria from 1952 (PDF; 6.9 MB)
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Austrian manager|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1953|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Vienna|