Siegbert A. Warwitz
After training as an officer of the Armed Forces , he graduated at the Universities of Münster, Innsbruck, Tübingen and Vienna a philology studies for the higher teaching in the subjects German , sports science and philosophy and a doctorate after a subsequent psychology degree with summa cum laude to the Dr. phil. He took a two-year experimental psychological research mission of the University of Vienna , taught for several years at the Humanities College in Ravensburg and then followed a call to a professor of the University of Education Karlsruhe .
His main research interests lie in the areas of experimental sport psychology and a “traffic education from the child” developed by him , where he is particularly interested in questions of perception, the phenomenon of games and the risk / risk problem . He emerged as a venture researcher through his empirical studies on the mentality of cross-border commuters and extreme athletes as well as through his scientific analyzes of corresponding explanatory models. In doing so, he drafted his own, ethically based risk theory . He is the author of the sports motor skills test procedure Vienna Coordination Course (WKP) as well as the pedestrian diploma (FD) and the Karlsruhe 12-step program (KZSP) for traffic safety for school beginners. As a didactician, he introduced the principle of multidimensional learning into teaching. The classic teaching theater of the Verkehrskasper owes its renovation to a contemporary form of traffic education.
He was dean for many years and worked in a number of other university offices. He was involved in traffic education as a senate representative of his university, in teacher training, on lecture tours and as a scientific advisor to various institutions. In the risk field, he was entrusted with numerous expert assignments as an expert.
In 1995 he was awarded the Bruno Epple Prize (“ The 7th Sense for Children ”) in Karlsruhe on behalf of the Federal President Roman Herzog by Christiane Herzog “for outstanding scientific contributions to the road safety of children”. The award ceremony, which took place on the initiative of the Deutsche Verkehrswacht , was associated with a non-profit donation of 100,000 DM.
- The old Germanic hero poetry and its relationship to the hero saga . Münster 1963 (Archive of the University of Münster, German Institute)
- Sport in the mirror of language - an analysis of metaphors . Tübingen 1967. (Archive of the University of Tübingen)
- Interdisciplinary physical education. Didactic perspectives and model examples of interdisciplinary teaching . Hofmann, Schorndorf 1974, ISBN 3-7780-4551-2 .
- The sports science experiment. Planning - implementation - evaluation - interpretation. Hofmann, Schorndorf 1976, ISBN 3-7780-9021-6 .
- with Anita Rudolf: project lessons. Didactic principles and models. Verlag Hofmann, Schorndorf 1977, ISBN 3-7780-9161-1 .
- with Anita Rudolf (Ed.): Series of publications on project teaching in schools and universities . Karlsruhe 1980-1999.
- with Anita Rudolf: Playing - rediscovered . Herder, Freiburg im Breisgau 1982, ISBN 3-451-07952-6 .
- Games of other times and peoples . Karlsruhe 1998.
- The sense of the car. Why people face dangerous challenges , In: DAV (Ed.): Yearbook Berg 2006 , Tyrolia Verlag, Munich-Innsbruck-Bozen 2005, pp. 96–111.
- Traffic education from the child. Perceive - play - think - act. 6th edition. Schneider, Baltmannsweiler 2009, ISBN 978-3-8340-0563-2 .
- Search for meaning in risk. Life in growing rings. Explanatory models for cross-border behavior. 2nd edition, Schneider, Baltmannsweiler 2016, ISBN 978-3-8340-1620-1 .
- with Anita Rudolf: About the meaning of playing. Reflections and game ideas. 4th edition. Schneider, Baltmannsweiler 2016, ISBN 978-3-8340-1664-5 .
- The Fine Line between Risk and Venture , In: The Skirt Chronicles magazine , Manufakture d´Histoires Deux Ponts, Paris 9/2019, Volume V, Page 43–48.
- Kürschner's German Scholars Calendar 1996. Humanities and Social Sciences. 17th edition, Verlag Walter de Gruyter, Berlin / New York 1996, p. 1538 - Award ceremony "The 7th sense for children" in Citymedia, business magazine. ed. v. Axel Kahn, year 4, issue 10, Rheinstetten-Mörsch 1995, p. 10 (with press photo) - "Duke's wife honors professor" in Recklinghäuser Zeitung v. October 18, 1995 (with portrait) - "Traffic is not only overwhelming for the children, Christiane Herzog presented the prize", in Kurier, Official Gazette of the City of Karlsruhe, Volume 49, No. October 20, 1995 (with press photo) - also in Badische Latest News / BNN v. October 13, 1995, No. 237, p. 25 (with press photo)
- Literature by and about Siegbert A. Warwitz in the catalog of the German National Library
- Risk - Danger or Opportunity Panorama magazine, Brennpunkt 2004, accessed on June 28, 2017.
- The risk must be worth it (PDF file; 622 kB). Interview in bergundstieg.at. October 2011
- Page no longer available , search in web archives: Right to Risk - Congress: International Mountain Summit Bressanone, Italy 2011 ) (
- What drives Teufelskerle - Interview on Deutschlandradio on October 12, 2012
- The TÜV-certified adventure , matinee on Südwestfunk 2 on May 22, 2016
- From space to space - traffic education network Vienna 2012
- Playing - The child in a man - Report SWR-Fernsehen 2012.
- Why peace games are controversial - Interview with Christin Severin, NZZ , March 23, 2015, see also the article: Toy guns are less bad than their reputation in the same place.
- Everyone shudders in their own way - Interview WDR 2 on the basic human need for horror 2015
- Why it is so difficult to be brave - Interview with Steffen Hallaschka sternTV broadcast RTL: Psycho-Experiments July 27, 2016
- How risks enrich our lives - Interview with Deutschlandradio Wissen from August 13, 2014
- The profit that lies in the risk - report SWR-Fernsehen, Planet-Wissen January 30, 2018 (Frank Drescher)
- Risk education - matinee in SWR 2, December 7, 2018 (Stefanie Junker)
|SURNAME||Warwitz, Siegbert A.|
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Warwitz, Siegbert|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German Germanist, sports scientist, psychologist, educator|
|DATE OF BIRTH||September 19, 1937|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Muenster|