|German daily newspaper
|J. Bauer KG publishing house
|Frequency of publication
|Monday to Saturday
|( IVW 2/2020, Mon-Sat)
The Recklinghäuser Zeitung is a daily newspaper published in the Recklinghausen district . It is published by the Marl- based Medienhaus Bauer KG in six local editions of its own with an identical cover section under local names (see local editions).
The Recklinghäuser Zeitung is the leading daily newspaper in its distribution area. The sold circulation is 45,342 copies, a decrease of 39.2 percent since 1998. In the past it was in strong competition with the Westdeutsche Allgemeine Zeitung (WAZ). This changed, however, when the WAZ group decided in 2006 to close its local editorial offices in Datteln, Waltrop, Oer-Erkenschwick, Haltern, Herten and Marl.
The editorial team of the Recklinghäuser Zeitung produces the regional and national pages independently, but cooperates in sales with the Ruhr-Nachrichten and now also with the WAZ on a local level. The newspaper appears in the Rhenish format .
The forerunner of the Recklinghausen newspaper was founded in 1831 by the Bauer family as a weekly newspaper for the Recklinghausen district . From the end of the 19th century onwards, the newspaper appeared daily, changing the title it still bears today.
During the National Socialist era , the newspaper could continue to appear, but half had to be sold in 1943. After the end of the Second World War and the lifting of the Allied newspaper ban, the newspaper was able to be published again in November 1949. In the 1950s and 1960s, the publisher gradually built up today's local editions and was able to increase the circulation significantly. In 1974 Bauer-Verlag moved from Recklinghausen to Marl. The Verlag der Ruhr-Nachrichten ( Medienhaus Lensing ) has held a 40 percent stake in Verlag J. Bauer KG since 1976 . Shortly after the announcement of the entry, Ruhr-Nachrichten publisher Florian Lensing-Wolff announced that it would close its local editorial offices in Datteln, Waltrop and Recklinghausen.
After the WAZ local editorial offices were closed at the end of 2006, the WAZ in the Recklinghausen distribution area lost a third of its circulation. During the same period, the circulation of the Recklinghäuser Zeitung fell only slightly (3.7 percent) and even increased in 2009. In certain circulation areas, the newspaper has market shares between 80 and over 90 percent.
The publisher and editor-in-chief is Kurt Bauer, who owns 60 percent of the shares in the publisher.
The Recklinghäuser Zeitung has lost a lot of its circulation in recent years . The circulation sold has fallen by an average of 3.2% per year over the past 10 years. In contrast, it rose by 0.3% last year. It is currently 45,342 copies. The share of subscriptions in the circulation sold is 93.3 percent.
Development of the number of copies sold
The Recklinghäuser Zeitung has a local editorial office in every city in its area of distribution and has individual issues ( headers ) with location-specific titles:
|Name of the issue
|Place of publication
|Population per newspaper (2015)
The last column shows that the newspaper is read significantly more often in the district town than in the other towns in the distribution area. In the two cities of Datteln and Waltrop, around 80% of this quota is achieved, while in the immediate neighboring cities of Herten, Marl and Oer-Erkenschwick only about two thirds of Recklinghausen's quota result.
The Buersche Zeitung in Buer , the traditionally vestibular northern half of Gelsenkirchen , also belonged to the Bauer family (and thus to the data center "Verbund") . At the end of September 2006, the newspaper, the last edition of which had been around 7200 copies, appeared for the last time shortly before its 125th anniversary. As a result, Gelsenkirchen became a one-newspaper circle , and the WAZ now has a monopoly as a local newspaper. In a partial edition of the Hertener Allgemeine (Herten local edition of the Recklinghäuser Zeitung with identical cover section) appears - at most - one page with Buerian topics; furthermore, under the name BUER! a free monthly periodical on newsprint in tabloid format. Kurt Bauer justified the setting with a “creeping exodus” in terms of circulation and advertising income. All references to their existence have disappeared from the local streetscape; only the inscription of the Butterwiegen sculpture next to the Urbanus Church reveals that it was donated by the BZ in 1981 on the occasion of the 100th anniversary.
Further publishing offers
In the area of circulation of the Recklinghäuser Zeitung , the publisher also publishes the advertising paper Vest im Blick with a circulation of 110,000 copies every week .
Since May 22, 2010, the six local editions of the Recklinghäuser Zeitung have been accompanied by the “Vestimmo” supplement. This is a real estate portal for the Recklinghausen district that is accompanied by a weekly magazine. In addition to an extensive range of real estate, the portal and magazine focus on articles, interviews and videos with local reference to the topics of living in the Recklinghausen district. The magazine appears on Saturdays with a circulation of up to 75,000 copies.
The prism was enclosed on the previous day .
- Website of the Recklinghäuser Zeitung
- Website of the media company Bauer
- Portfolio Recklinghäuser Zeitung. State Institute for Media North Rhine-Westphalia
- according to IVW ( details on ivw.eu )
- Landesanstalt für Medien Nordrhein-Westfalen: Portfolio Recklinghäuser Zeitung ( Memento of the original from February 2, 2015 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link has been inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Boris R. Rosenkranz: Marry first, then have an abortion . In: the daily newspaper , May 11, 2006.
- Comparison of 1st quarter 2007 (22,662 copies) with 4th quarter 2009 (15,197 copies), ( details on ivw.eu)
- according to IVW ( online )
- according to IVW , second quarter 2020, Mon-Sat ( details and quarterly comparison on ivw.eu )
- according to IVW , fourth quarter in each case ( details on ivw.eu )
- IVW 2/2020, Mon-Sat ( details on ivw.eu ). The circulation of the local edition Recklinghausen results from the difference between the total circulation and the other local editions
- As of December 31, 2015, see relevant local article
- http://www.gelsenkirchener-geschichten.de/wiki/Buersche_Zeitung Short portrait in Gelsenkirchen stories
- Boris R. Rosenkranz: Bauer advances . In: the daily newspaper , April 25, 2006
- Image of the plastic