Dresden latest news
|Dresden latest news|
|description||German daily newspaper|
|publishing company||Publishing house Dresdner Nachrichten GmbH & Co. KG|
|Sold edition||16,545 copies|
|( IVW 2/2020, Mon-Sat)|
|executive Director||Björn Steigert|
The newspaper Dresdner Latest News (DNN) is a regional daily newspaper that appears in the city of Dresden and its surroundings. It is the third largest newspaper in the region after the Sächsische Zeitung and the Dresdner Morgenpost . The sold circulation is 16,545 copies, a decrease of 58 percent since 1998.
The paper is 100 percent owned by Leipziger Verlags- und Druckereigesellschaft mbH & Co. KG, which also publishes the visually similar, but much more extensive Leipziger Volkszeitung . Both newspapers were printed in the North German format in the printing house of the Leipziger Volkszeitung in Leipzig-Stahmeln . The DNN has been printed by the DDV media group in Dresden since January 2019, and since then the newspaper has been published in the Rhenish format .
The Leipziger Verlags- und Druckereigesellschaft mbH & Co.KG in turn belongs to the Hanover- based publishing company Madsack GmbH & Co.KG , whose largest shareholder, with approx. 23%, is the Deutsche Druck- und Verlagsgesellschaft mbH , which belongs to the Social Democratic Party of Germany (SPD) , which also owns shares in the Sächsische Zeitung and the Dresdner Morgenpost .
A newspaper with the title Dresdner Latest News appeared as early as 1893, but its publication had to be discontinued in 1943.
Known as the DNN newspaper of the reunification period came on 1 September 1990 from merger of the East German newspapers Saxon Latest News (SNN) and Saxon Tageblatt (ST), to DDR Dresdner publications -times block parties NDPD and LDPD were.
At the end of 1991 the DNN merged with the former district organ of the GDR CDU for the Dresden district, Die Union . The common sheet appeared for the first time on December 2, 1991. The initial name Dresdner Latest News / Die Union was later changed back to Dresdner Latest News , but to this day Die Union is still under the title.
From 1990 onwards, the first editorial office was at Wettiner Platz , where the Dresden editorial office of ST was previously located. At the end of 1991 the editorial office moved to the former headquarters of the Dresden editorial office of the newspaper Die Union on Hauptstrasse . Since March 2013 the editorial office has been at Dr.-Külz-Ring .
With the relaunch of the newspapers "Leipziger Volkszeitung", "Dresdner Latest Nachrichten" and " Hannoversche Allgemeine ", which belong to the Madsack media group , the look of the three titles has been standardized since May 2014. This means that even more content from the three newspapers will now be produced centrally in Hanover. The “ Madsack 2018 ” concept is aimed at the central production of national content for the regional newspapers; this is created by the central editorial office RedaktionsNetzwerk Deutschland (RND) based in Hanover .
"Madsack 2018" and the DNN
With the “Madsack 2018” agenda, the Madsack top management announced a restructuring of the group on October 2, 2013 at a management meeting of the media group in Hanover. According to managing director Thomas Düffert, a new central editorial office operating under the name “ RedaktionsNetzwerk Deutschland GmbH” should “offer national content in a better quality than a single regional newspaper could deliver on its own”. Matthias Koch, currently editor-in-chief of the Hannoversche Allgemeine Zeitung, will set up and manage the central editorial office .
Michael Konken from the German Association of Journalists spoke of a "blow against media diversity". The works council fears job losses, the closure of locations, further tariff-free zones, the disqualification of activities and serious disadvantages for the employees.
In May 2014 it became known that the “Dresdner Latest News” was facing massive job cuts: around 30 percent of the 25 editorial posts are to be cut. The situation is similar with the LVZ: At the parent newspaper “Leipziger Volkszeitung” around 40 employees are to leave the editorial offices in 2014, the number of full-time positions will drop to 90 by the end of 2015 (the LVZ has around 165 editorial staff according to DJV Sachsen). The downsizing is taking place across departments and affects editors and secretaries. A maximum of three employees should remain in each of the external editorial offices in Delitzsch-Eilenburg, Wurzen-Grimma and Borna-Geithain. The Leipziger Internet Zeitung and even the Mitteldeutsche Rundfunk are worried about the future of local journalism in Central Germany.
- 1990–1991 Wolfgang Schütze
- 1992–1995 Manfred G. Stüting
- 1995–1999 Peter Stefan Herbst
- since 1999 Dirk Birgel
The Dresdner Neuesten Nachrichten has lost circulation in recent years . The number of copies sold has fallen by an average of 4.2% per year over the past 10 years. Last year it decreased by 13.9%. It is currently 16,545 copies. The share of subscriptions in the circulation sold is 90.9 percent.
Development of the number of copies sold
marketing and advertisement
- according to IVW ( details on ivw.eu )
- Dresdner Latest News from March 14, 2013.
- Verlagsgesellschaft Madsack # corporate structure
- Jürgen Helfricht : Die Dresdner Neuesten Nachrichten - a representative of the bourgeois Generalanzeiger press (1893-1913) . Diploma thesis, University of Leipzig 1989
- Regionally successful in a strong network , press release from the Madsack media group, October 2, 2013
- Madsack: Koch leads the new central editorial office ( Memento of the original from November 16, 2013 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was automatically inserted and not yet checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. , Meedia , November 7, 2013
- "Madsack 2018": DJV fears GAU ( memento of the original from January 10, 2014 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was automatically inserted and not yet checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. , Meedia , October 4, 2013
- Anne Schneller: Total renovation at Madsack , Menschenmachen Medien 11/2013
- It continues with the downsizing of the Leipziger Volkszeitung
- Massive job cuts at LVZ: How threatened is the soul of local journalism?
- according to IVW ( online )
- according to IVW , second quarter 2020, Mon-Sat ( details and quarterly comparison on ivw.eu )
- according to IVW , fourth quarter in each case ( details on ivw.eu )