General newspaper of the Lüneburg Heath
|General newspaper of the Lüneburg Heath|
|description||regional daily newspaper|
|publishing company||C. Beckers Buchdruckerei GmbH & Co. KG|
|Frequency of publication||daily from Monday to Saturday|
|Sold edition||13,398 copies|
|( IVW 2/2020, Mon-Sat)|
The Allgemeine Zeitung der Lüneburger Heide is a German daily newspaper founded in 1849. It appears in Uelzen (Lower Saxony) in the C. Beckers Buchdruckerei GmbH & Co. KG. The publisher is Dirk Ippen , the publisher is managed by Heike Köhn. The Allgemeine Zeitung belongs to the Ippen publishing group . The sold circulation is 13,398 copies, a decrease of 37.6 percent since 1998.
The first edition of the newspaper appeared in 1849. Since 1952 the publisher has been cooperating with other Lower Saxony newspapers, including the regional newspaper for the Lüneburg Heath , based in Lüneburg. The editorial community based in Lüneburg delivers the cover pages to the papers involved . The publishers also formed an advertising network .
The Allgemeine Zeitung remained in the possession of the C. Becker family from Uelzen until it was sold to the publisher and entrepreneur Dirk Ippen in 1978. Ippen holds a majority share of 70 percent in the publisher. In 1999 the publishing house with its own printing center in Uelzen had 220 permanent employees. After the reunification of Germany, the publishing house expanded to Saxony-Anhalt and founded the Altmark Zeitung there in 1990 . Since January 1, 2013, the publisher has been producing its daily newspapers in a 1: 1 version of the print product, also as e-paper.
In addition to the Allgemeine Zeitung der Lüneburger Heide , the publishing house publishes the Uelzener Anzeiger , the Altmark Zeitung , the Altmark-Woche and the Isenhagener Kreisblatt as well as the Wochenanzeiger .
The Allgemeine Zeitung der Lüneburg Heath has lost a lot of its circulation in recent years . The number of copies sold has fallen by an average of 2.5% per year over the past 10 years. Last year it decreased by 4.1%. It is currently 13,398 copies. The share of subscriptions in the circulation sold is 85 percent.
Development of the number of copies sold
- Online presence
- Federal Association of German Newspaper Publishers : 150 years of the “Allgemeine Zeitung der Lüneburg Heath” on September 23, 1999
- according to IVW ( details on ivw.eu )
- Communication of the BDZV of January 13, 2003 ( Memento of August 23, 2009 in the Internet Archive )
- KEK media database: C. Beckers Buchdruckerei GmbH & Co. KG ( memento of July 30, 2013 in the Internet Archive ), accessed on February 15, 2010
- according to IVW ( online )
- according to IVW , second quarter 2020, Mon-Sat ( details and quarterly comparison on ivw.eu )
- according to IVW , fourth quarter in each case ( details on ivw.eu )