Steffen Roth (economist)
Steffen Roth (born August 8, 1976 in Würzburg ) is a German sociologist and economist. He is Associate Professor of Strategic Management at La Rochelle Business School and Professor of Sociology in the Sociological Department of Yerevan State University .
Roth graduated in 2002 at the Technical University of Chemnitz , at the economics faculty, he in 2010 with a market theory work for Dr. rer. pole. received his doctorate. 2013 he graduated from the University of Geneva also a Ph.D. in sociology.
From 2010 to 2011, Roth was visiting professor and Open Society Foundations Fellow at the Sociological Department of Yerevan State University . He was also visiting professor at the Department of Management, Politics and Philosophy at Copenhagen Business School (2012), the Economics Department at the University of Cagliari (2012) and the International University in Rabat (2012-2017). From 2012 to 2016 he was junior professor for management and organization at the ESC Rennes School of Business .
Roth's work is influenced by Niklas Luhmann's theory of social systems . His research focuses on the further development and application of theories of functional differentiation . Roth is one of the first social scientists to use Culturomics to clarify sociological questions, for example to review sociological (self) descriptions of modern societies.
Roth also deals with theories and use cases of multifunctional organization and markets. He publishes in the field of (social) innovation and works on the strategic reorientation of anti-capitalism and growth criticism . His morally skeptical work on the similarities between entrepreneurship and piracy is received internationally.
- Not all markets are the same. Thesis for the foundation of a general market sociology. Heidelberg 2010, ISBN 978-3-89670-936-3 .
- The multimedia organization. Functional differentiations on organizational identity. Geneva 2013.
- with Jari Kaivo-oja , Thomas Hirschmann: Smart regions. Two cases of crowdsourcing for regional development. In: International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Small Business. Vol. 20, No. 3, 2013, pp. 272-285.
- Common values? Fifty-two cases of value semantics copying on corporate websites. In: Human Systems Management. Vol. 32, No. 4, 2013, pp. 249-265.
- Coining societies. An inter-functional comparative analysis of the Euro. In: Innovation: The European Journal of Social Sciences. Vol. 27, No. 4, 2014, pp. 99-118.
- Booties, bounties, business models. A map to the next red oceans. In: International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Small Business. Vol. 22, No. 4, 2014, pp. 439-448.
- Fashionable functions. A Google ngram view of trends in functional differentiation (1800-2000). In: International Journal of Technology and Human Interaction. Vol. 10, No. 2, 2014, pp. 34-58.
- Literature by and about Steffen Roth in the catalog of the German National Library
- Literature by Steffen Roth in the SSRN catalog
- H-index from Steffen Roth
- Link to "Intellectual-contributions-by-research-professors" ( page no longer available , search in web archives ) Info: The link was automatically marked as defective. Please check the link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Members of the Faculty of Sociology of the Yerevan State University
- PhDs at Chemnitz University of Technology in 2010
- Alumni PhD program in Sociology at the University of Geneva
- S. Roth: Fashionable Functions: A Google Ngram View of Trends in Functional Differentiation (1800-2000). In: International Journal of Technology and Human Interaction. Vol. 10, No. 2, 2014, pp. 34-58.
- S. Roth: The Multifunctional Organization: Two Cases for a Critical Update for Research Programs in Management and Organization. In: Tamara: Journal for Critical Organization Inquiry. Vol. 12, No. 3, 2014, pp. 37-54.
- S. Roth: Leaving Commonplaces on the Common Place: Cornerstones of a Polyphonic Market Theory. In: Tamara: Journal for Critical Organization Inquiry. Vol. 10, No. 3, 2013, pp. 43-52.
- Article by Dana Lawrence in The Globe and Mail.
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Roth, Frank Steffen|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German economist, sociologist and university professor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||August 8, 1976|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Wurzburg|