Silvia Görres (born September 11, 1925 in Stuttgart ; † January 14, 2015 in Munich ) was a German psychotherapist , author and volunteer for many years in life support for the mentally handicapped at the state and federal level. She has received several awards for her commitment.
Silvia Görres (birth name Silvia Regina Volkart) was the third child of the architect and university professor Hans Volkart and the composer Käthe Volkart-Schlager. She studied philosophy , psychology and education in Tübingen from 1944 to 1949 and completed her psychoanalytic training at Alexander Mitscherlich's Institute for Psychosomatics and Psychotherapy in Heidelberg from 1949 to 1952. She worked as a freelance psychotherapist in her own practice from 1953 to around 1990.
Since 1950 Silvia Görres was married to the psychoanalyst and psychotherapist Albert Görres (1918–1996) and the mother of seven children; two of them have Down syndrome . From 1967 she volunteered as a member and from 1971 for several years as chair of the board of the association Lebenshilfe München , later also on the board of the Lebenshilfe in Marburg .
On her initiative, several funding institutions for people with intellectual disabilities were created in Munich:
- Early intervention for children up to 4 years
- School preparatory facility with a day care center
- School with therapeutic daycare for children with severe and multiple disabilities (today Silvia Görres School )
- Lebenshilfe workshop
- Dormitories and residential groups for adults with disabilities
Silvia Görres was committed to ensuring that people with intellectual disabilities receive lifelong support that should be specially tailored to their needs.
- 1975: Bavarian Order of Merit
- 2003: Pater Rupert Mayer Medal
- 2004: Dedication to the Silvia Görres School in Munich
- 2005: Bavarian Constitutional Medal in Gold
- 2008: Federal Cross of Merit on ribbon
- Living with a disabled child. (Zurich, Cologne 1974), ISBN 3545275175 (Benziger), ISBN 3717921541 (Flamberg-Verlag), ISBN 3492106447 (Piper, revised new edition 1984)
- with Gerd Hansen (ed.): Psychotherapy for people with intellectual disabilities. Bad Heilbrunn, Obb. 1991. ISBN 3781506878
- My lesson from the story of Abraham. In Marianne Dirks (ed.): Do women believe differently? Freiburg 1983. ISBN 3451087766
- Raising a disabled child. In Heidi Bohnet-von der Thüsen (ed.): Food for thought ʽ89. Munich, Zurich 1989. ISBN 3492108652
- The person with Down syndrome in family and society. In Jan Murken and Elke Dietrich-Reichart (eds.): Down syndrome. Starnberg-Percha 1990. ISBN 3796205151
- Experiences of a mother. In: We have something to say to you, Bundesvereinigung Lebenshilfe for the mentally handicapped, Bavarian National Museum Munich (ed.). Munich 1984. Exhibition catalog
- Literature by and about Silvia Görres in the catalog of the German National Library
- Report on the awarding of the Pater Rupert Mayer Medal
- Obituary on the website of Lebenshilfe Munich
- Süddeutsche Zeitung, June 19, 1975, No. 137, p. 15
- Münchner Merkur, June 19, 1975, No. 137
- Archived copy ( memento of the original from February 24, 2015 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Süddeutsche Zeitung, May 3, 2004, No. 101, p. N2
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German psychotherapist and author|
|DATE OF BIRTH||September 11, 1925|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Stuttgart|
|DATE OF DEATH||January 14, 2015|
|Place of death||Munich|