education and profession
In 2013 Bigliel achieved national fame when he was able to prove to the Council of States several errors in the voting process (see also: Stöckligate controversy ). Due to public pressure, the Council of States decided not to vote by show of hands anymore and supported a parliamentary initiative to introduce an electronic voting system. Bigliel triggered a similarly large response with the regular publication of an absence list, which for the first time recorded the absences of the individual members of the National Council and subsequently led to an increase in the discipline of attendance. Bigliel later also worked as an editor for the commuter newspaper “ 20 Minuten ”.
Bigliel holds a diploma. Technician / Ing.EurEta. He is the recipient of the Grimme Online Awards .
In 2008 Bigliel joined the Bündner Jungfreisinn, which he headed between 2009 and 2014 as Secretary General and later as President. In 2009 he was elected to the board of the FDP Five Villages and played a key role in the introduction of ethics classes in schools in Graubünden. Since 2018 he has been President of the FDP Landquart and a member of the Grand Council of the Canton of Graubünden .
The Bigliels are an old Graubünden family who at times played a central role in the politics of the Gray League in the 17th century . The highest office of the Federation was that of the district judge, who was re-elected every two years. The coats of arms of the 72 district judges of the Gray League are recorded in the district judge's hall of Cuort Ligia Grischa ; including the family coat of arms of the Bigliels.
- Website by Thomas Bigliel
- Portrait in the Tages-Anzeiger on December 11, 2012
- Thomas Bigliel on the website of the Canton of Graubünden
- In the darkroom with Thomas Bigliel day week March 5, 2013
- Woe if it stays dark, Tages-Anzeiger March 24, 2013
- student Estermann - Blocher biggest truant Swiss radio and television December 13, 2013
- A role model from Switzerland: Honor for Politnetz Schweizer Radio und Fernsehen 23 June 2013
- Religious studies and ethics lessons from the 2012/13 school year. Southeastern Switzerland , December 2, 2010
- FDP Landquart: Bigliel new president GRHeute May 1, 2018
- The Grand Council is elected Southeast Switzerland June 10, 2018
- Martin Bundi: Gray Bund. In: Historical Lexicon of Switzerland . January 14, 2010 , accessed July 1, 2019 .
- Ursus Brunold, Adrian Collenberg (edit.): Sources and research on the history of Graubünden: Volume 23 State Archive Graubünden 2010, p. 130 f.
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Bigliel, Thomas Andreas (full name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Swiss politician (FDP)|
|DATE OF BIRTH||February 9, 1986|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Chur|