Thomas Niederbühl (born March 27, 1961 in Bruchsal ) is a German LGBT activist and Bavarian local politician ( Pink List Munich ). He has been a member of the Munich City Council since 1996, making him the first openly gay city council member of a gay and lesbian electorate in Europe.
Niederbühl has been active in the gay movement since 1983 . His political entry was the Rosa Freizeit in Munich. In the 1980s he was involved in founding the Federal Association for Homosexuality . Other milestones in his engagement in the gay movement were the gay and lesbian culture weeks Viorosa 1985 and 1989, contributions to the gay magazine Südwind , which he co-founded in 1988, his participation in the forum for homosexuality and literature and the organization of Christopher Street Day .
Finally, in the mid-1980s, he brought the Munich groups to the meeting of the Munich gay groups .
At the founding meeting of the Pink List in Munich on September 2, 1989, Thomas Niederbühl was nominated as the top candidate. In 1990 he moved to the district committee Ludwigsvorstadt - Isarvorstadt and in 1996 to the Munich city council.
Since 2008 he has campaigned for the memorial for the lesbians and gays persecuted during the Nazi era .
He studied Catholic theology , German literature and philosophy , first in Heidelberg and from 1982 in Munich. After the first state examination in 1989/90, his license to teach Catholic theology was revoked because of his involvement in the gay movement . After this practical professional ban , Niederbühl began postgraduate studies in literary criticism . As a result, he worked as an author and critic. Since 1991 he has been managing director of Münchner AIDS-Hilfe e. V.
Thomas Niederbühl has been sharing his life with his friend and current partner, Heinz Bänziger, since 1989 . They were one of the first couples in Munich to register their partnership with the notary on November 16, 2001 . They were then received by Mayor Christian Ude at the registry office . They got married in 2017. Niederbühl has a twin brother who is heterosexual .
- Thomas Niederbühl on rosaliste.de
- Munich AIDS Aid
- Thomas Niederbühl in the Internet Movie Database (English)
- Short biography in the Council Information System of the City of Munich ( Memento of the original from January 2, 2014 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Archived copy ( Memento from January 2, 2014 in the Internet Archive )
- Thomas Niederbühl. January 1, 2020, accessed March 18, 2020 .
- queer.de: Munich's mayor trusts the city council of the Pink List.
- My twin brother is straight - Thomas Niederbühl from A to Z. In: Hallo München . May 7, 2008, accessed February 24, 2014 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German LGBT activist and Bavarian local politician (Pink List Munich)|
|DATE OF BIRTH||March 27, 1961|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Bruchsal|