Zindel grew up in Chur . He studied at the Zurich School of Applied Arts (1978) and stayed in Berlin in 1980 . From 1982 to 1984 he ran the lithography and etching workshop Aqua sana in Chur ; he organized the exhibitions Aqua sana shows with numerous artists. In 1984 he was awarded the Bündner Presse Prize. In 1987 he moved from Chur to Basel . In 1991 he was awarded the Prize of the Foundation for Graphic Arts in Switzerland . In 1994 he was awarded a year of work by the Swiss Bank Corporation and the Manor Art Prize. In 1995 he worked in Peyriac-de-Mer ; from 1996 to 1997 he worked at the Cité Internationale des Arts Paris . In 1998 he moved back to Chur. In 2002 he was awarded the recognition prize of the city of Chur, and in 2011 the recognition prize of the canton of Graubünden .
Zindel's work consists of groups of drawings, paintings, graphic portfolios or installations with defined content. The titles of these groups of works are heavy with meaning: “The House of Unrest”, “The Cloth of Veronica”, “Scott's Journey to the South Pole”, “Cuts like a knife”, “The Conquest of the Night”, “Tears of Eros”, “Mary Afternoon "(1985)," The dying god "(1985–1986)," REM "," The gesture of love "(1994) or" Open tattoo "(1994–1995). It's about the reality behind the physical surface and the visualization of psychological sensitivities. The human being is at the center of these not euphemistic, rather aggressive works.
- Thomas Zindel . Bündner Kunstmuseum , Chur, December 13, 1981 - January 17, 1982.
- Thomas Zindel. The prints 1978–1995. Bündner Kunstmuseum, Chur, April 7, 1995 - June 5, 1995.
- Thomas Zindel. New work. Chur, February 25, 2004 - June 5, 2004.
- Thomas Zindel. Territories. Pictures and drawings 2005–2007. Galerie Sylva Denzler, Zurich, October 13, 2007 - November 10, 2007.
- Thomas Zindel. Works 2002–2008. Galerie 14, Maienfeld, March 14-30, 2008.
- Stations of the cross by Thomas Zindel. Alte Postremise, Chur, October 24-26, 2008.
- Thomas Zindel. Territories II, III and IV. Pictures, drawings, reliefs. Galerie Sylva Denzler, Zurich, August 27 - September 26, 2009.
- Thomas Zindel. Adagio con anima. Collection Galerie S / Z, Uerikon, January 16 - February 27, 2011.
- Thomas Zindel. Adagio ritenuto. Galerie Sylva Denzler, Zurich, May 12-26, 2012.
- Thomas Zindel. Kunstverein Frauenfeld, November 16 - December 14, 2014.
- Literature by and about Thomas Zindel in the catalog of the German National Library
- Literature by and about Thomas Zindel in the bibliographic database WorldCat
- Short biography of Thomas Zindel on the St. Galler Tagblatt website
- Beat Stutzer: Zindel, Thomas. In: Sikart (status: 1998), accessed on December 2, 2018.
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Swiss artist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||February 29, 1956|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Uznach|