In 1976, Puder began an apprenticeship as a lead laser and in 1977 as a gravure printer . From 1977 to 1982 he then worked as a gravure printer. In 1982 he was one of the co-founders of the artist group PIG . Puder studied from 1984 to 1992 at the Academy of Graphics and Book Art in Leipzig with Dietrich Burger and Bernhard Heisig , specializing in painting and graphics. During this period, Puder was a 1990 Fellow at Gloucestershire College of Art and Technology ( Cheltenham in England). In 1992 a master's degree at this university followed.
Ulf Puder lives and works in Leipzig.
Mostly embedded in a landscape, Ulf Puder shows objects such as houses, garages, tunnels, walkways and clotheslines. These symbols of human productivity are executed from an accentuated perspective , whereby the representation remains flat. Architecture and objects of daily use displace the natural. The supposed coolness of the functional-rational is softened by the painterly free execution. Brush strokes remain recognizable, the canvas often shimmers through. In his sketchily thrown buildings, Ulf Puder assimilates the nature of the surrounding nature and the manufactured things. At first glance, the living spaces in Ulf Powder's painting are not very inviting. But the soft colors of his pictures soften the contrast between industry and nature and reconcile them with the geometric and functional. The contrast of hard outlines and warm colors gives these pictures their own charm.
Ulf Puder also designed a memorial plaque for the world-famous philosopher Ernst Bloch to commemorate his time in Leipzig.
The travelers of the U. Powder
Since 2000, the Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung has been publishing drawings by the artist in its weekly travel section under the title Die Reisen des U. Puder , so on November 7, 2013, the drawing Never again prick leaves! Now there is the flat leaf cutter . and in 2016 the drawing from the sidecar to the bi-car .
- Solo exhibitions
- 1999: Pictures and sculptures , Schwind Gallery, Frankfurt am Main
- 2000: The big and small weather , Dogenhaus Galerie Leipzig
- 2001: Galerie Dube-Heynig, Munich
- 2003: Expedition , Dogenhaus Galerie Leipzig, Leipzig
- 2005: raumstück , Städtische Galerie Wolfsburg
- 2006: Stopover , Kavi Gupta Gallery, Chicago
- 2007: New Paintings and Drawings , Torch Gallery, Amsterdam / NL
- 2008: Kavi Gupta Gallery, Chicago / USA
- 2011: Boulevard , Galerie Jochen Hempel, Leipzig
- 2011: Boulevard , Ana Cristea Gallery, New York / USA
- 2012: Marc Straus Gallery, New York / USA
- 2013: Galerie Jochen Hempel, Berlin
- 2013: "Pool", Oldenburg City Museum, Oldenburg
- 2014: Marc Straus Gallery, New York / USA
- 2015: Akinci, Amsterdam / NL
- 2017: Marc Straus Gallery, New York / USA
- 2017: Galerie Jochen Hempel, Berlin
- 2019: Marc Straus Gallery, New York / USA
- Participation in exhibitions
- 2004: Leipzig in Hamburg , Hamburg producers' gallery
- 2005: Le peintre de la vie moderne - De schilder van het moderne leven , Museum De Paviljoens, Almere
- 2005: Prague Biennale 2nd
- 2007: made in Leipzig , 29 artists from the Leipzig School in Hartenfels Castle , Torgau
- 2008: 1980 to 2005 , Museum Junge Kunst, Frankfurt (Oder)
- 2010: The Black Door Files , Black Door Istanbul, Istanbul / TR
- 2012: Alles Wasser , Galerie Mikael Andersen, Berlin
- 2013: The painted room , works from the Essl Collection, Schömer-Haus, Klosterneuburg / AT
- 2016: Truths Art Association Münsterland, Coesfeld
- 2003: The solution . Leipzig 2003, ISBN 3-00-012685-6 .
- Literature by and about Ulf Puder in the catalog of the German National Library
- Search for "Ulf Puder" in the SPK digital portal of the Prussian Cultural Heritage Foundation
- Ulf Puder at artfacts.net
- Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung of December 11, 2003
- FAZ of October 6, 2016, page R4
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German painter|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1958|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Leipzig|