Windows in the Jungle
|Windows in the Jungle|
|Studio album by 10cc|
|Label (s)||Mercury Records|
42 min, 20 sec (UK)
Windows in the Jungle (UK # 70, CAN # 97) is the ninth studio album by the British band 10cc . It was released in October 1983.
Three singles were released from the album, 24 Hours (UK place 78) in the spring of 1983, Feel the Love (UK place 87, AUS place 76, NL place 7), and Food For Thought (NL place 18).
Eric Stewart recalled that the finished album didn't meet his initial expectations:
“Windows” started out as a concept album, but I'm sorry I didn't pursue that goal, the pressure to make a hit single always got in the way of the 10cc albums. I longed to be like Pink Floyd and only go for big musical statements like “One Night in Paris” and “Feel the Benefit”, but we were locked in the singles cycle, the 'quick buck', and it was impossible at the time to break out of it. The album wasn't really that successful in the usual 10cc fashion, really anywhere in the world, but it was a minor hit in terms of sales today.
"Windows" started as a concept album and I'm sorry I didn't pursue that goal, the pressure for the hit single always got in the way with 10cc albums. I longed to be like Pink Floyd and just go for large musical statements like "One Night in Paris" and "Feel the Benefit", but we were locked onto the singles roundabout, the 'quick buck', and it was impossible to break free at the time. The album was not really very successful, 10cc wise, anywhere in the rest of the world really, but in terms of sales today it was a minor hit. "
- 24 Hours - 8:09
- Feel The Love (Oomachasaooma) - 5:10
- Yes, I Am - 6:03
- Americana Panorama - 3:45
- City Lights - 3:34
- Food For Thought - 3:34
- Working Girls - 4:26
- Taxi! Taxi! - 7:39
- 24 Hours [Edit]
- Dreadlock Holiday [Live, London / 1982]
- I'm Not In Love [Live, London / 1982]
- Oomachasaooma (Feel The Love) [Edit]
- She Gives Me Pain
- Food For Thought [Radio Edit]
- The Secret Life Of Henry
All titles are written by Eric Stewart and Graham Gouldman. Titles 9 - 15 are bonus tracks and were released on the German 2014 remastered version.
- Eric Stewart - vocals, guitar, keyboard, percussion
- Graham Gouldman - vocals, bass, guitar, percussion
- Steve Gadd - drums, percussion
- Simon Phillips - drums
- Rick Fenn - vocals, guitar, acoustic guitar
- Stuart Tosh - vocals, percussion, marimba, drums (on "Food For Thought")
- Vick Emerson - keyboards
- Mike Timony - keyboards
- Mel Collins - saxophone
- ↑ Eric Stewart's answer to a question on his website ( Memento from May 25, 2006 in the Internet Archive )