Wolfgang Eger (born October 25, 1928 in Klingenthal / Sa. , † July 17, 2005 in Speyer ) was a German historian , archivist and author .
Wolfgang Eger studied history, German literature , education and art history in Jena . He then completed an archivological training at the Institute for Archive Science in Potsdam . In 1951 he received his doctorate. phil.
In 1957 he took over the position of director of the central archive of the Evangelical Church of the Palatinate in Speyer. For many years he was editor of the papers for Palatinate church history and author of numerous essays and books on topics of church history , regional history and archival studies .
From 1979 to 1993 Wolfgang Eger was chairman of the administrative board of the Evangelical Central Archives in Berlin .
His son Hansjörg was Lord Mayor of Speyer from 2011 to 2018.
Wolfgang Eger was a member of the Speyer city council from 1969 to 1985 and from 1989 to 1994 as an SPD member. For eight years he was honorary alderman and cultural department head of the city of Speyer. He was a co-founder of the Speyer Culture Days, a forum for the integration of cultural associations and a platform for the presentation of their artistic achievements that has been carried out to this day.
- 1983 Federal Cross of Merit on ribbon
- 1994 Medal of Merit from the City of Speyer
- 2004 Order of Merit of the State of Rhineland-Palatinate
- Elector Ludwig V, Count Palatine near Rhine , 1971
- The Protestant church registers of the Palatinate , 1975
- Handbook of Church Archives , 1977
- The history of the Reformation as reflected in the events of the Reichstag in 1529 , 1977
- On the history of the German East Asia Mission , 1984
- From the "New Hospital St. Georg" to the Bürgerhospital and the foundation hospital to the specialist hospital for internal medicine , 1985
- Speyer street names. A lexicon. , Herrmann G. Klein Verlag, Speyer 1985, ISBN 3-921197-08-X
- Directory of the military church books in the Federal Republic of Germany Old Federal States , (as of September 30, 1990) / Publications of the Working Group of Archives and Libraries in the Evangelical Church; 18, Neustadt an der Aisch: Degener 1993, 445 pages, ISBN 3-7686-4133-3
- Directory of the military church books in the Federal Republic of Germany New Federal States - Roman Catholic Church / Publications of the Working Group of Archives and Libraries in the Evangelical Church; 23; Neustadt an der Aisch; Degener 1996. 218 pages, ISBN 3-7686-4144-9
- Literature by and about Wolfgang Eger in the catalog of the German National Library
- Obituary by the Association of Evangelical Archives
- ^ A b Wolfgang Eger: Speyer street names. A lexicon. , Herrmann G. KLein Verlag, Speyer 1985, ISBN 3-921197-08-X , publisher information on the penultimate page.
- ↑ a b Archive link ( Memento of the original dated February 12, 2009 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. Obituary by the Association of Evangelical Archives
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German historian, archival scholar and author|
|DATE OF BIRTH||October 25, 1928|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Klingenthal|
|DATE OF DEATH||July 17, 2005|
|Place of death||Speyer|