life and work
Klötzer studied from 1946 to 1951 in Mainz , where he met with a thesis on the history of the Rheingau Markgenossenschaft doctorate was. From 1951 to 1954 he completed a legal traineeship at the Hessian Main State Archives in Wiesbaden and at the Marburg archive school . From 1954 to 1960 he worked in the Federal Archives , Frankfurt am Main branch, as a consultant for political legacies.
In 1960 he became deputy director of the Frankfurt City Archives , in 1983 its director. Among other things, he acquired important private archives for the city such as the Breidbach Archive and company archives such as the Bethmann Archive, and he founded the newspaper clippings and photo collection. He has been retired since 1990.
Klötzer was honorary professor at the Johann Wolfgang Goethe University Frankfurt am Main and a member of numerous commissions and associations, including the Frankfurt Historical Commission . I.a. He was editor of the Frankfurt Biography , the Archive for Frankfurt History and Art , the Studies on Frankfurt History and the Frankfurt Archive (14 volumes, Braunschweig 1994ff.).
Klötzer was the author of numerous specialist and popular publications on the history of Frankfurt am Main , German history and archival science in the publishing houses. In 1959 he received the Herman-Haupt-Plakette from the Society for Fraternity History Research for his work as a student historian . On June 21, 1991 he was awarded the Federal Cross of Merit with ribbon.
He died on May 18, 2015 after an accident in his garden.
- as editor with Paul Wentzcke : Heinrich von Gagern: Deutscher Liberalismus im Vormärz. Letters and speeches 1815–1848. Göttingen, Berlin, Frankfurt 1959.
- Frankfurt 1866. Documentation from German newspapers. Kramer, Frankfurt am Main 1966.
- Frankfurt - then, yesterday and today. A city that has changed over the past 50 years. Steinkopf, Stuttgart 1979, ISBN 3-7984-0398-8 .
- Frankfurt's old streets. After watercolors by Jupp Berten. Weidlich, Frankfurt am Main 1979, ISBN 3-8035-1048-1 .
- Old Frankfurt photo album. Weidlich, Frankfurt am Main 1981, ISBN 3-8035-1117-8 .
- with Gottfried Frenzel: St. Leonhard zu Frankfurt am Main. Langewiesche, Königstein im Taunus 1982, ISBN 3-7845-4800-8
- as editor: The Frankfurt old town. A memory. Kramer, Frankfurt am Main 1983, ISBN 3-7829-0286-6 .
- with Wilfried Ehrlich: Sachsenhausen. 1885 and today. Kramer, Frankfurt am Main 1985.
- A guest in old Frankfurt. Hugendubel, Munich 1990, ISBN 3-88034-493-0 .
- as editor: Frankfurt. In photographs by Paul Wolff 1927–1943. Hugendubel, Munich 1991, ISBN 3-88034-533-3 .
- as editor: Frankfurt am Main. 1900-1943. In photographs by Gottfried Vömel. Hugendubel, Munich 1992, ISBN 3-88034-557-0 .
- Memory of Frankfurt. Flechsig, Würzburg 1999, ISBN 3-88189-246-X .
- Memory of Frankfurt. In the 20s and 30s. Flechsig, Würzburg 2000, ISBN 3-88189-356-3 .
- Klötzer, Wolfgang , in: Friedhelm Golücke : Author's lexicon for student and university history. SH-Verlag, Cologne 2004, ISBN 3-89498-130-X . Pp. 176-178.
- Literature by and about Wolfgang Klötzer in the catalog of the German National Library
- Publications by Wolfgang Klötzer in the Opac of the Regesta Imperii
- Federal President
- Mourning the ex-city archivist. In: Frankfurter Neue Presse from May 20, 2015 (accessed May 21, 2015).
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German archivist and historian|
|DATE OF BIRTH||April 8, 1925|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Biebrich a. Rhine|
|DATE OF DEATH||May 18, 2015|
|Place of death||Langen (Hesse)|