Albrecht of Eyb
Albrecht von Eyb studied theology and law in Erfurt and was canon in Eichstätt from 1444 , in Bamberg from 1452 and in Würzburg from 1462 . However, during this time he mainly stayed in Italy, including Bologna , Padua and Pavia , where he received his doctorate in both rights on February 7, 1459. In Italy he was influenced by the culture of the Renaissance and by humanism and in 1459 he also received the title of Chamberlain from Pope Pius II. Only from autumn 1459 did he live permanently in Germany again, initially in Eichstätt under Johann III. von Eych , then after lengthy disputes about the Würzburg benefice obtained in 1462, in Würzburg and, during the last years of his life, again in Eichstätt and Bamberg.
His translations of short stories by Giovanni Boccaccio and comedies by the ancient comedy poet Plautus were important . From 1472, under the title “Margarita poetica”, a Florilegium from ancient and Renaissance writings, which was probably completed in Italy in 1459, as well as his multiple published “Marriage booklet: Whether a man sey zuemen ein eelichs weyb or not” appeared in print . The latter led to controversial discussions among scholars about misogamy .
The primary school in Burgoberbach , 3 km from his birthplace, is named after him.
- Eyb ; Franconian noble family
- Hiram Kümper (Ed.): The marriage booklet . After the incunabulum of the off. Anton Koberger, Nuremberg, 1472, to Neuhochdt. transferred and introduced by Hiram Kümper. Ibidem Verlag, Stuttgart 2008, ISBN 978-3-89821-653-1 .
- Gerhard Klecha (Ed.): Mirror of Morals . Erich Schmidt Verlag, Berlin 1989, ISBN 3-503-01679-1 .
- Siegfried Hänle: Eyb, Albrecht von . In: Allgemeine Deutsche Biographie (ADB). Volume 6, Duncker & Humblot, Leipzig 1877, pp. 447-449.
- Heinrich Grimm: New German Biography (NDB). Volume 4, Duncker & Humblot, Berlin 1959, ISBN 3-428-00185-0 , p. 705 ( ). In:
- Johannes Madey : EYB, Albrecht v .. In: Biographisch-Bibliographisches Kirchenlexikon (BBKL). Volume 16, Bautz, Herzberg 1999, ISBN 3-88309-079-4 , Sp. 474.
- Max Herrmann : Albrecht von Eyb and the early days of German humanism . Weidmann, Berlin 1893
- Sven Limbeck: Theory and Practice of Translation in German Humanism. Albrecht von Eyb's translation of 'Philogenia' by Ugolino Pisani . Dissertation, University of Freiburg 1999, revised electronic publication 2004 ( full text )
- Ottmar Schönhuth: Albrecht von Eyb, the learned Frankish knight . In: Württembergischer Bildersaal, first volume. Schaber, Stuttgart 1859, pp. 67–74 ( digitized version )
- Gustav C. Knod: German Students in Bologna (1289-1562) Biographical index to the Acta natiois Germanicae universitatis Bononiensis. Publishing house R. v. Decker, G. Schenck, 1899
- Literature by and about Albrecht von Eyb in the catalog of the German National Library
- Works by and about Albrecht von Eyb in the German Digital Library
- Albrecht von Eyb in the repertory "Historical Sources of the German Middle Ages"
- A handwriting of the marriage booklet
- Edition of the marriage booklet , Augsburg 1474
- Margarita Poetica in editions of 1484 and 1495
- Albrecht von Eyb in the literature portal Bavaria
|SURNAME||Eyb, Albrecht von|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German writer, translator and lawyer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||August 24, 1420|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Sommersdorf Castle near Ansbach|
|DATE OF DEATH||July 24, 1475|
|Place of death||Eichstatt|