|Location in the network||Intermediate station|
|Platform tracks||3 (previously 4)|
|Profile on Bahnhof.de||Sweet|
|City / municipality||Cuties|
|Railway stations in Baden-Württemberg|
The Süßen station is located on the Filstalbahn Stuttgart - Ulm, which opened up to here in 1847 (route km 50.4). From 1901 until its complete shutdown in 1995, the Lautertalbahn branched off in Süßen to Lauterstein -Weißenstein.
The station is listed in the operating point directory under the designation TSD and is classified in station category 4 of Deutsche Bahn AG . The train station is located in the northern part of the city of Süßen. To the west of the train station is the bus station (“Süßen ZOB”).
The station has seven tracks, of which track 1 on the main platform is used by the regional trains that end here from Stuttgart / Plochingen and tracks 2 and 3 on the central platform are used for continuous passenger traffic from Stuttgart to Ulm. Track 4 serves as a through track for trains not stopping here in the direction of Stuttgart. The platform-free tracks 5 and 6 are no longer used and are partially overgrown. Track 7 with its outer platform served the traffic of the Lautertalbahn. There are (still) some freight tracks, but these are only used sporadically to park wagons. On December 11, 2016, DB Cargo officially ceased operations at the station .
From 1933 to 1978 Süßen was partially integrated into the electrically operated suburban traffic in Stuttgart .
On April 21, 2004, a measuring train pulled by the 752 001 locomotive collided on the journey from Ulm to Ludwigshafen and an empty class 426 multiple unit. The driver was killed, the six employees of the measuring train suffered injuries. The collision resulted in property damage of 5 million euros to the vehicles and 300,000 euros to the track systems. The cause of the accident was the interchanged cores of a control cable for a switch that had been connected shortly beforehand as part of an ad-hoc troubleshooting due to moisture damage. As a result, the position of the points assumed and displayed in the signal box did not match the real position. During the accident it was in a branching position and thus directed the multiple unit train in the direction of Ulm from track 2 to track 3 into the route of the measuring train. According to investigations by the Federal Railway Authority , there were violations of safety regulations during the work. The two accused signaling technicians each claimed that they had not made any mistakes with the wiring. When the police arrived, the cabling was back to normal due to subsequent manipulation and, due to a lack of documentation, it remained unclear whether the prescribed conformity check of the indicated and actual switch positions had been carried out before the accident. The dispatcher testified that he had not been informed of the start of the work and had received the approval of the train journeys from the signal technicians ; the signal technicians contradicted his statements.
Since it was not possible to prove the causal breach of duty and thus personal fault for any of the employees involved, the Ulm Public Prosecutor closed the investigation in June 2007 without bringing charges.
From August 2010 to June 2012, the station was renovated and equipped with two elevators and a guidance system. The underpass was redesigned, new lighting was installed and a dynamic passenger information system was installed. The total costs borne by the railways, the federal government, the state and the city amounted to 2.6 million euros according to Deutsche Bahn information.
On February 24, 2016, Deutsche Bahn applied for a track plan adjustment at the station. Several points are to be dismantled and new track closures are to be created. In addition, the construction of an electronic interlocking is planned. It replaces a relay interlocking of the type Sp Dr S59 which was put into operation in 1964 . At distance kilometers 50.3 / 50.4, a remote signal box (ESTW-A) is being built north of the track system, which is to be connected to the Plochingen sub-center . The construction project extends from kilometer 46.2 (exit signals from Eislingen station) to km 52.5 (previous entry signals from Süßen station). In addition, two hot box location systems will be set up . The work started in February 2020. The signal box is scheduled to go into operation in December 2021. In this context, three switches and the siding on track 25 are to be dismantled and track 1A is to be renewed.
|Stuttgart - Esslingen (Neckar) - Plochingen - Göppingen (- Süßen ) - Geislingen (Steige) - Ulm - Aulendorf - Friedrichshafen - Lindau||individual trains|
|(Stuttgart - Esslingen (Neckar) -) Plochingen - Göppingen - Süßen (- Geislingen (Steige) - Ulm)||
every half hour (core route) hourly (total route)
- Representation of the railway facilities on the OpenRailwayMap
- Tracks in service facilities (TSD) , DB Netz AG (PDF; 163 kiB)
- Query of the course book route 750 at Deutsche Bahn.
- Public prosecutor's office closes investigations into the serious rail accident in the area of the Süßen station. Press release. Ulm Public Prosecutor's Office, June 19, 2007, accessed on July 28, 2020 .
- Modernization of the Süßen station completed ( memento from January 21, 2013 in the web archive archive.today ), DB AG press release 281/2012 of June 27, 2012
- Stuttgart - Ulm railway line, No. 4700, railway km 49.800 to 50.900. (No longer available online.) In: eba.bund.de. Federal Railway Office , March 16, 2016, archived from the original on March 18, 2016 ; accessed on March 18, 2016 (German). Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Determination of the omission of an environmental impact assessment (UVP) according to § 3a Environmental Impact Assessment Act (UVPG) for the project "Süßen, new building of ESTW module building in the area of the Bf Süßen", route 4700 Stuttgart - Ulm, in. (No longer available online.) In: eba.bund.de. Federal Railway Office, March 17, 2016, archived from the original on March 18, 2016 ; accessed on March 18, 2016 (German). Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice.
- Construction project: ESTW-A Süßen / sub-center Plochingen; Construction and superstructure work. (PDF) Building description / preliminary note. In : ieterportal.noncd.db.de. August 6, 2018, pp. 5, 9 , accessed on August 6, 2020 ( Baubeschreibung-Vorbemerkungen_ESTW-A Süßen file in a nested ZIP archive).
- ESTW-A Süßen UZ Plochingen. (PDF) Floor plan ESTW-A modular building. In : ieterportal.noncd.db.de. DB ProjektBau , May 27, 2019, accessed on May 4, 2020 (file Anlage_3_3_58_LP_ESTW-A_Modulgebäude.PDF in a nested ZIP archive).
- Sweet ESTW. In: bauprojekte.deutschebahn.com. Deutsche Bahn, accessed on March 22, 2020 .