Federal Festival of Young Film
The Federal Festival of Young Film has been taking place in St. Ingbert since 2018 .
With a prize volume of 20,000 euros, which is awarded to short films with a length of up to 29 minutes, and over 50 films in competition, it is one of the largest German-speaking short film festivals for young talent.
Special features of the festival are the Filmreif music video award, the Filmreif material development award for scriptwriters, the Filmreif trash film award and the Filmreif sustainability award, which is awarded to ecologically and socially responsible filming.
At the time of submission, either the director, screenwriter or producer must not be older than 29 years, as the festival focuses on promoting young talent.
The festival is organized mainly with financial means from the cultural budget of the city of St. Ingbert. The organizer is the young film eV The artistic director is Jörn Michaely , the organizational director is Fabian Roschy . Both are also the founders of the event.
In 2018, 2,200 visitors attended the event, which took place from June 7th to 10th, 2018 at various locations in St. Ingbert. The festival's patrons were District Administrator Theophil Gallo , Minister of Culture Ulrich Commerçon and Hans Wagner , the Lord Mayor of St. Ingbert. In the first year 72 short films took part in the competition. The award ceremony took place on June 10, 2018 in the St. Ingbert town hall. The jury for the fabric development award consisted of editor Stefanie Groß , director and film lecturer Cho Sung-hyung and Anna Schöppe , director of the Board of Trustees for Young German Films . The competition jury consisted of Marcus Siebler , President of the Federal Association of German Film Authors , director Almut Getto , journalist Marisa Winter and actor Marc Rissmann . Hans Wagner donated two sponsorship awards.
Originally it was planned to hold the festival only every two years, but after the positive first edition, the St. Ingbert city council decided to hold the festival again in 2019 with some innovations.
The second edition of the festival took place from May 30 to June 2, 2019 at various venues distributed across St. Ingbert, including an open-air cinema on the market square. The number of visitors has risen to 6,079 guests. The juries included the director Andreas Dresen , actor Moritz Jahn , the director of the ZDF Kleines Fernsehspiel Claudia Tronnier, actress Lucie Hollmann , director Sung-Hyung Cho , presenter Nina Eichinger and the director of the Max-Ophüls Preis film festival Svenja Böttger .
The third edition of the festival is supported by the city of St. Ingbert with 150,000 euros and a further 100,000 euros from federal funds. Due to the continuing spread of the COVID-19 virus, it took place as an online and TV festival from July 30th to August 2nd, 2020. The competition jury included: director Philipp Eichholtz , actress Janina Fautz , director and actor Max Hegewald and actor Christian Friedel . The material development jury was attended by director Sung Hyung Cho , editor Jan Berning, managing director of nordmedia Thomas Schaeffer and head of the board of trustees for young German films Julie Kania. The music video jury included presenter Celina Fries, actor Marc Rissmann and director Daniel Seideneder. New in 2020 was the junior jury, which also awarded a prize.
Prize winners 2020
|Ready for film - Award for the best film||fish sticks|
|Ready to film - audience award||Emperor|
|Ready for film - Prize for a particularly socially relevant film||Masel Tov Cocktail|
|Ready to film - price for a special directing achievement||Andreas Kessler with the film Sinking Ships|
|Ready for film - Prize for a special acting performance||Lilian Mazbouh with the film 023_Greta_S|
|Ready to film - sustainability award||Rooftop Refugee|
|SR - innovation award||In the rushes|
|Ready for film - Prize of the Young Talent Jury||Masel Tov Cocktail|
|Ready to film - music video award||Tremors|
|Ready for film - 1st fabric development award||White boxers|
|Ready for film - 2nd fabric development award||Strays|
|Ready for film - Trashfilmpreis||Dead inside|
Prize winners 2019
|Best movie||At the Cu Ce|
|Audience award||La Bestia - Train of the Unknowns|
|Substance development award||Noctem|
|Music video award||Home - wallet|
|Prime Minister's Prize||Everything is easy|
|Prize for a special socially relevant film||La Bestia - Train of the Unknowns|
|Prize for a special film on the subject of democracy and tolerance||Biotope|
|Prize for a special film about the future and Europe||Summer hit|
|Prize on the subject of education for sustainable development and global learning||Watermorphosis|
|Intergenerational Film Prize||Domashnee video|
At the Cu Ce
|Special directing performance||The last children in paradise|
|Special script||Summer hit|
|Special production output||Proxima-b|
|Special image design||Germ cell|
|Special post production||Azenza|
|Student film competition||trendsetter
|young film plays mini golf!||Captain Gaza|
|Mondo Trashfilm Special Award||The succubus|
Prize winners 2018
|price||Award winners||Movie title||Director|
|Substance development award||Clara Jaschke||Golden Delicious||nn|
|Prize for a special socially relevant film||the whole team||ReConnect||Julian Richberg|
|Special motion design||Mischel Klares||Where is she||Linda Gasser|
|Special makeup image||Aytug Topcu||Enough||Kristina Ratzka|
|Special sound design||Jannik Müller||Bright spot||Fabian Fornalski|
|Special cut||Julian Cohn||The calling||Anna-Lena Ponath|
|Special equipment||Tobias Blickle, Philipp Link||Crumble Fish||Philipp Link|
|Special directorial work||Daniel Popat||Hostel||Daniel Popat|
|Special script||Alexander Conrads||Sardinia||Alexander Conrads|
|Special achievement of a junior team||Max Schäffer||My window||Max Schäffer|
|Special image design||Katharina Hauke||At the end of the day||Svenja Heinrichs|
|Special drama||Joël Simmler, Sebastian Meiring, Ann-Christin Zartenaer, Valentin Gronau||With Bobby by my side 3||Steffen Schmidt|
|Prize for a special sustainable film||the whole team||Kleinheim||Michael Ciesielski|
|Production price||Christian Zipfel||catharsis||Alison Kuhn|
|Audience award||the whole team||Followers||Jonathan Behr|
|Best movie||the whole team||Summer in the garden||Nora Mazurek|
- Saarländischer Rundfunk : SR Mediathek :: "Ready for film!" - Jury: The newcomer and the old hand. November 25, 2015, accessed June 5, 2019 .
- KhK - Call for Entries - Federal Festival of Young Film 2020. In: www.kunsthochschulekassel.de . Retrieved November 16, 2019 .
- FOCUS Online: Saarbrücken: Homburg, May 29, 2018 . In: FOCUS Online . ( focus.de [accessed on August 1, 2018]).
- St. Ingbert is “ready for a movie” | Forum - the weekly magazine. Retrieved August 1, 2018 .
- Saarländischer Rundfunk: "Ready for a movie!" presents short films by young directors . In: SR.de . July 6, 2018 ( sr.de [accessed June 30, 2018]).
- Saarbrücker Zeitung: parliamentary groups welcome “film ready!” - decision. Retrieved June 30, 2018 .
- ready for a movie! - The Federal Festival of Young Film | BDFA eV Accessed June 30, 2018 (German).
- Saarland Radio: These are the winners of the festival "cinematic" In: SR.de . June 11, 2018 ( sr.de [accessed June 30, 2018]).
- St. Ingbert has proven itself as a film city, to be continued - St. Ingberter Anzeiger . In: St. Ingberter Anzeiger . June 13, 2018 ( igb.info [accessed August 22, 2018]).
- Selina Carolin Summer: Green fingers for the festival “ready for film!” In: Saarbrücker Zeitung . Retrieved August 22, 2018 .
- Festival database. Retrieved August 1, 2018 .
- Selina Carolin Summer: A great weekend for young cineastes in St. Ingbert: "It was overwhelming and touching". Retrieved June 5, 2019 .
- Saarländischer Rundfunk: Klappe, the second. March 6, 2019, accessed June 5, 2019 .
- Tobias Kessler: St. Ingbert: 150,000 euros subsidy for the festival “ready for film!” Accessed on November 15, 2019 .
- 100,000 euros for "Filmreif". Saarländischer Rundfunk , accessed on November 15, 2019 .
- . Retrieved August 25, 2020 .
- prices. In: Federal Festival of Young Film. Accessed June 5, 2019 (German).
- Prizewinner 2018. (No longer available online.) Archived from the original on June 25, 2018 ; accessed on June 25, 2018 .