Abbt studied German , philosophy and religious studies at the University of Zurich . She obtained her licentiate in literary studies and a master's degree in applied ethics . In addition, she obtained the license to teach middle school. After research stays in Germany, Australia and Italy, Abbt received his doctorate in 2005 in Zurich at the Faculty of Philosophy. Subsequently, she took on scientific assistants at the Universities of Basel and Zurich and carried out research in Austria, the USA and Germany on the subjects of memory, remembering and forgetting. She has been Professor of Philosophy at the University of Lucerne since 2015 and holds an SNSF professorship. In 2019 she was appointed professor of political philosophy at the University of Graz in March 2020 .
- Christine Abbt, P. Schnyder (Ed.): Forms of the Political: Diderot's virtuosity and its reception in German-speaking countries (1746-2016) . Rombach, Freiburg im Breisgau 2019.
- Christine Abbt: "I forget". About the possibilities and limits of thinking from a philosophical perspective. Habilitation, Campus, Frankfurt / New York 2019, ISBN 978-3-593505-24-4
- Christine Abbt: The wordless suicide: The literary design of language abandonment as a challenge for ethics . Dissertation, Fink, Munich 2007, ISBN 978-3-7705-4367-0
- University of Lucerne: CV Prof. Dr. Christine Abbot. Retrieved July 4, 2019 .
- University of Lucerne: Lectures by Prof. Dr. Christine Abbt at the University of Lucerne. Retrieved July 4, 2019 .
- Swiss National Science Foundation : SNSF professorships 2000-2018. Retrieved July 4, 2019 .
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Swiss philosopher|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1974|