Harald Stelzer studied philosophy, sociology , history and law at the University of Graz , where he received his doctorate in 2003 and completed his habilitation in 2013. Research stays took him to the University of Minnesota (2002–2003), where he worked as a research assistant at the Center for Austrian Studies, to the University of Newcastle (2009) and the University of Washington (2011).
From 2001 to 2009 Stelzer worked on various research projects at the Institute for Philosophy at the University of Graz, and in 2009 he became a university assistant for practical philosophy. In 2013 he went to the Institute for Advanced Sustainability Studies in Potsdam as a Project Scientist . From 2014 to 2019 he was professor for political philosophy at the University of Graz.
Harald Stelzer deals with Karl Popper's social and political philosophy , critical rationalism, and works on a systematic and coherent development of critical-rational ethics. In addition, he researches problems and possibilities of normative evaluation of political options for action with special consideration of uncertainty and risks.
- 2004: Karl Popper's social philosophy. Political and Ethical Implications
- 2007: Karl R. Popper and critical rationalism read interculturally
- 2016: A Critique of Communitarian Moral Philosophy
- Website from Harald Stelzer
- Literature by and about Harald Stelzer in the catalog of the German National Library
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Austrian philosopher|
|DATE OF BIRTH||1973|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Graz|