After studying mathematics and philosophy in Bonn, Drösser worked as a freelance writer for print media, television and radio for ten years. From 1998 to 2015 he was editor of the weekly newspaper Die Zeit . From 2004 to 2006 he developed the magazine Zeit Wissen as editor-in-chief . He is known there for his column, which he started in 1997, Is it true? , in which he checks the truth of everyday wisdom. This column can also be heard regularly on the radio station Radio Eins . In 2014 he appeared as the "expert" in the studio at the ZDF -Wissens-Comedy Kows haben best Freunde , which was moderated by Wigald Boning .
In 1993/94 Drösser spent a year at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology in Cambridge (USA) as part of the Knight Science Journalism Fellowships . In 2014 he was journalist in residence at the Kavli Institute for Theoretical Physics in Santa Barbara (USA), and in 2017 journalist in residence at the Simons Institute for the Theory of Computing at the University of California in Berkeley (USA).
Christoph Drösser has lived in San Francisco , USA, since 2014 .
- Journalist of the year 2005 in the field of science ( Medium Magazin )
- Media Prize of the German Mathematicians Association (DMV) 2008
He has published various books, including several edited volumes from his column.
- Fuzzy logic. Methodical introduction to frizzy thinking. Rowohlt, Reinbek near Hamburg 1994; ISBN 3-499-19619-0
- Watch TV. Rowohlt, Reinbek near Hamburg 1995; ISBN 3-499-16376-4
- Right? Modern legends put to the test - episode 1. With illustrations by Rattelschneck . Rowohlt, Reinbek near Hamburg 1998, ISBN 3-499-60728-X ; Volume 2, 2000, ISBN 3-499-60933-9 ; Episode 3, 2002; ISBN 3-499-61489-8 ; Episode 4, 2005; ISBN 3-499-62064-2 ; Episode 5, 2007; ISBN 978-3-499-62310-3
- Right? All modern legends put to the test. With illustrations by Rattelschneck. Rowohlt, Reinbek near Hamburg 2003; ISBN 3-499-61626-2
- (as ed. :) How do you ask holes in the stomach? Children explore the universe. Rowohlt, Reinbek near Hamburg 2003; ISBN 3-499-21284-6
- Right? Cheeky questions, lies and legends for clever kids. Rowohlt, Reinbek near Hamburg 2004; ISBN 3-499-21310-9
- How big is infinite? Puzzle stories and mind games from the universe of numbers. Rowohlt, Reinbek near Hamburg 2005; ISBN 3-499-21311-7
- with Jörg Kachelmann and Christian Brose: The Lexicon of Weather Mistakes. Rowohlt, Reinbek near Hamburg 2006; ISBN 3-499-62157-6
- The seducer of mathematics. Numbers games for all situations. Rowohlt, Reinbek near Hamburg 2008; ISBN 978-3-499-62426-1
- When the skirts get shorter, the economy grows. Right? The best of modern legends. With illustrations by Rattelschneck. Rowohlt, Reinbek near Hamburg 2008; ISBN 978-3-499-62374-5
- Do you have sounds Why we are all musical. Rowohlt, Reinbek near Hamburg 2009; ISBN 978-3-498-01328-8
- Right? The great book of modern legends. Rowohlt, Reinbek near Hamburg 2010; ISBN 3-499-62628-4
- The physics seducer. Test arrangements for all situations. Rowohlt, Reinbek near Hamburg 2010; ISBN 978-3-499-62627-2
- The music seducer. Why we are all musical. Rowohlt, Reinbek near Hamburg 2011; ISBN 978-3-499-62437-7
- The seducer of logic. Conclusions for all situations. Rowohlt, Reinbek near Hamburg 2012; ISBN 978-3-499-62799-6
- with Andrea Cross and Til Mette : Isn't it baby? 100 myths about having children. Rowohlt, Reinbek near Hamburg 2012; ISBN 978-3-499-62992-1
- How we Germans tick. What we think, how we feel, what we are. Edel Books, Hamburg 2015; ISBN 978-3841903464
- Totally predictable? When algorithms decide for us. Hanser, Munich 2016; ISBN 978-3446446991
- We Germans and the money. What we have, how much we earn, what we dream of. Edel Books, Hamburg 2016; ISBN 978-3841904737
- We Germans and love. How we love, what we love, what excites us. Edel Books, Hamburg 2017; ISBN 978-3841905611
- with Jörg Kachelmann : The Lexicon of Weather Errors. From 12 years. Speaker: Silvia Fink and Thor W. Müller. Igel-Records, Dortmund 2007; ISBN 978-3-89353-186-8
- (as ed. :) How do you ask holes in the stomach? Children explore the universe. From 8 years. Speaker: Dominik Freiberger and Silvia Fink. Igel-Genius, Dortmund 2007; ISBN 978-3-89353-164-6
- with Jörg Kachelmann: Even more weather errors. From 10 years on. [Sound carrier] Speaker: Silvia Fink and Thor W. Müller. Igel-Genius, Dortmund 2008; ISBN 978-3-89353-207-0
- Right? Cheeky questions, lies and legends for clever kids. From 7 years. Speaker: Thor W. Müller. Active Music Publishing Society, Dortmund [o. J.]
- Literature by and about Christoph Drösser in the catalog of the German National Library
- Videos by and about Christoph Drösser in the AV portal of the Technical Information Library
- Christoph Drösser in the Internet Movie Database (English) (Johannes B. Kerner Show, 6 episodes, 2006–2008; Markus Lanz Show, 2009)
- Right? Archive of the TIME
- Personal homepage
- Past Participants | KITP. Accessed August 28, 2018 .
- Christoph Drösser | Simons Institute for the Theory of Computing. Accessed August 28, 2018 .
- presseportal.de: MediaMagazin press release on the "Journalists of the Year 2005"
- dmv.mathematik.de: DMV awards media prizes 2008
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German science editor|
|DATE OF BIRTH||October 19, 1958|