Braun completed her schooling in Philippsthal and Heringen (North Hesse) in 1975 with the Abitur. From 1975 to 1982 she studied human medicine in Göttingen , Mainz and Aachen . She then completed a traineeship for teaching at vocational schools with a major in health and a minor in chemistry.
During and after her studies, Dagmar Braun completed her doctoral thesis at the Max Planck Institute for Biophysical Chemistry in Göttingen. The subject of her dissertation was in the field of pharmacological neurophysiology.
In the first three years after her license to practice medicine in 1982, she worked as a practice assistant and practice substitute to deepen her knowledge in the field of general medicine. From 1985 to 1998 she devoted herself to training medical assistants in medical expertise at the vocational school in Usingen (southern Hesse), and from 1995 to 1997 she was a lecturer at the Academy for Medical Training in Bad Nauheim at the Carl-Oelemann -School and has been teaching since 2010 as a lecturer and since 2014 as professor of health economics at the Fresenius University of Applied Sciences in Idstein .
Dagmar Braun began her career in industry between 1988 and 2001 as a phased plan officer at the pharmaceutical company Palmicol GmbH, where she was responsible for the development and management of the approval department and the medical-scientific department from 1995 to 2001.
From 2001 to the end of 2008 she took on a key position at Riemser Arzneimittel AG , which she built up together with her husband Norbert Braun , as the Board Member for Research & Development ( CSO ) and later also Board Member for Materials Management ( COO ) .
Since 2009 Dagmar Braun has been managing director of Braun Hanse-Holding GmbH and Braun Beteiligungs GmbH, member of the supervisory board of Enzymicals AG, and managing director of Cheplapharm Arzneimittel GmbH up to and including 2014 .
Associations and honorary functions
- Member of the board of the Health Management Committee of the Federation of German Industries (BDI) and the Federation of German Employers' Associations (BDA) since 2012
- Board member in the SME Committee of the BDI and the BDA from 2013–2015; Member from 2008–2015
- Chair of the Innovation and Research Committee of the Federal Association of the Pharmaceutical Industry (BPI) from 2011–2015
- Chairwoman of the regional association MV in the Association of German Women Entrepreneurs (VdU) from 2008–2011
- CEO of BioCon Valley MV eV 2011–2015; Deputy Chairwoman of the Management Board 2009–2011 and 2015–2017
- Member of the Supervisory Board of BioConvalley GmbH from 2010–2013
- Member of the Leibniz Institute for Plasma Research and Technology
- Member of the federal board of the Federal Association of the Pharmaceutical Industry (BPI) from 2006 to 2010
- Member of the program committee of the MV Healthcare Conference from 2010–2014
- Member of the Board of Trustees Health Management MV and Deputy Head of the Life Science Strategy Group (Head 2010-2014)
- Member of the Tissue Engineering steering group and deputy member of the Pharma Task Force at the Federal Ministry of Health 2007–2009
- Together with Norbert Braun and the Braun Group (Greifswald), financing and development of the non-profit hospital "Braun" in Cinkanse, Togo
honors and awards
- Research award of the Federal Ministry of Food, Agriculture and Consumer Protection (BMELV) for the development of methods to replace animal experiments 2008 (1st prize)
- Honored as part of the “ Germany - Land of Ideas ” initiative , representing the MV 2010 mentoring program
- 2010: Awarded the Federal Cross of Merit on Ribbon for her services in the construction of the East together with her husband Norbert Braun
- 2017: Awarded the Rubenow Medal as the highest award of the city of Greifswald together with her husband Norbert Braun
- Literature by and about Dagmar Braun in the catalog of the German National Library
- Jump into the cold water. (PDF file; 82 kB) In: Healthcare Marketing , 03/2009.
- The boss wears heels. In: Schweriner Volkszeitung , August 4, 2010.
- High honors for services in the construction of the East. In: Usinger Anzeiger , August 24, 2010.
- Rubenow Medal for Dagmar and Norbert Braun
- Greifswald honors entrepreneurial couple
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Bansen, Dagmar (maiden name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German entrepreneur, doctor and university lecturer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||September 16, 1956|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Helmstedt|