Detlev von Ahlefeldt (1617–1686)
He was the son of Benedikt von Ahlefeldt (1593–1634) and Christia von Ahlefeldt (born (also) von Ahlefeldt) (1589–1645), the granddaughter of Detlev von Ahlefeldt on Osterrade and Haseldorf. He made several long trips abroad and studied for three years at the University of Paris and visited England, Italy and Switzerland. In 1640 he took over the Haselau, Haseldorf and Kaden estates . Four years later he became a captain in the Danish army. In 1648 he was appointed colonel after the Landgravine von Hessen-Kassel had been in the service of the Landgrave of Hesse-Kassel after the peace with Sweden. In 1648 he was adopted into retirement. He then lived in Hamburg for a few years, where he studied historical and philosophical studies. In 1651 he was appointed district administrator by the Danish king and in 1652 he became a bailiff in Flensburg . Five years later he became General War Commissioner and was entrusted with several diplomatic missions. In 1680 he retired and spent his last years in Hamburg. His memoirs were later published by Louis Bobé and H. Höhnk and are among the most important of the German memoir literature of the 17th century.
- Detlef Detlefsen : History of the Holstein Elbmarschen , 2 volumes, Glückstadt 1891 and 1892.
- Schleswig-Holstein Knighthood : Contribution to the aristocratic history of Germany and Denmark , pages 11 and 12 (Schleswig 1869)
- Yearbook for the Pinneberg district : Wilhelm Muhs: Detlev v. Ahlefeldt (1617 - 1686) zu Haseldorf, Haselau and Kaden and his memoirs (1968)
- Peter Danker-Carstensen: Village history Seestermühe. A community in the Elbmarsch. Page 300, Husum Druck- und Verlagsgesellschaft, Husum 2002, ISBN 3-89876-095-2
- Eckardt Opitz : Detlev von Ahlefeldt in: Those who are our treasure and wealth. 60 portraits from Schleswig-Holstein . Christians, Hamburg 1990, pp. 51-54 ISBN 3-7672-1115-7 .
- Chronicle of the community of Haselau , pages 71 and 72 (Uetersen 1999)
- Hermann Kellenbenz : In: New German Biography (NDB). Volume 1, Duncker & Humblot, Berlin 1953, ISBN 3-428-00182-6 , p. 108 f. ( ).
|SURNAME||Ahlefeldt, Detlev von|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Danish officer and diplomat, memoir writer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||February 20, 1617|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Gelting|
|DATE OF DEATH||November 25, 1686|
|Place of death||Hamburg|