The pyramid (skyscraper)
|The building seen from the north, 2006|
|Construction time :||1994-1995|
|Architectural style :||Modern|
|Use / legal|
|Client :||Fundus group|
|Height :||100.0 m|
|Usable area :||43,800 m²|
|Building-costs:||€ 145 million|
|Berlin :||9. ( list )|
|Germany :||78. ( list )|
The pyramid is a high-rise built in 1994/1995 in the Berlin district of Marzahn-Hellersdorf , Marzahn , at the intersection of Rhinstrasse and Landsberger Allee . The office building and the adjoining outbuildings together have a usable area of 43,800 m². It was built by the Fundus Group from Düren for around 145 million euros. The official completion date was January 17th, 1995. At a height of 100 meters, it is the tallest building in the entire district.
The two-wing main building has 23 floors and is noticeable for its architecture , which has integrated a pyramid-like glass facade into the actually ordinary-looking building . The pyramid itself is an oversized chronometer .
On the upper floors of the west facade of the main building there are hour and minute displays in green light strips. The pyramid-like glass facade on the north side contains the display of the seconds (blue light strips; one more lamp per second on the left and right of the glass facade). A flash of light is emitted from the tip every full minute. The pyramid is considered to be the largest clock in Europe. From the beginning of 2006 to December 2007 and since the beginning of 2009 the clock has been out of order.
Owner and usage
The Fundus Group launched a closed real estate fund to finance the building . The investors accused the Fundus Group of fraud due to the lack of surpluses due to the insufficient occupancy rate . They stated that the rentable area was stated in the prospectus as too large and that the rental income was overestimated as a result. The Fundus Group rejected these claims as incorrect.
In 2006 the investor sold the building to Comer Group International . The British real estate company has located its Continental Europe branch in the pyramid . 350 employees occupy around a third of the space. A business hotel with 70 rooms was set up on two floors of the adjoining building. The few tenants moved out step by step.
In August 2005 the building was used as the location for a music video by the Rammstein group . In the video for gasoline , five band members play firefighters who fail in an attempt to save a life-weary man (keyboardist Christian Lorenz ) who tries to jump off the skyscraper.
- Como property management website
- Pyramid ring. In: Street name lexicon of the Luisenstädtischer Bildungsverein (near Kaupert ) Information on the building in connection with the surrounding street
- The pyramid at CTBUH
- Only 30 tenants in the pyramid - three quarters of the offices are empty / operators are still optimistic . In: Berliner Zeitung , April 27, 1995
- "pyramid" Forex traders smell fraud - office is investigating real estate funds fundus . In: Die Welt , March 27, 2004
- Homepage of the Comer Group (English), the office space offered by the real estate company appears alternately in the head, including “Die Pyramid” with an area of around 46,450 m² (500,000 qft); As of September 2012
- From London to Marzahn - The Pyramid becomes the European headquarters of the British Comer Group . In: Berliner Zeitung , October 31, 2007
- The pyramid loses its largest tenant - Howoge moves into her own office building in September . In: Berliner Zeitung , 23 August 2007