Erwin J. Haeberle
Erwin J. Haeberle (born March 30, 1936 in Dortmund ) is a German sexologist .
Erwin J. Haeberle studied in Cologne , Freiburg , Glasgow , at Cornell University in Ithaca and in Heidelberg . He received his doctorate in American studies in Heidelberg in 1966 . He was a Research Fellow in American Studies at Yale University from 1966 to 1968 and 1970 to 1971, and a Research Fellow in Japanese and Korean Studies at UC Berkeley from 1968 to 1969 and 1971 to 1972 .
In 1977 he received another doctorate in sexology in San Francisco . He was then appointed Full Professor at the Institute for Advanced Study of Human Sexuality in San Francisco. In 1983/84 Haeberle was visiting professor at the Medical Faculty of Kiel University , in 1984 Distinguished Visiting Professor at San Francisco State University and 1984/85 visiting professor at the Medical School Faculty of the University of Geneva . During his time in the USA , he also worked at the Kinsey Institute at Indiana University . In 1988 Erwin Haeberle returned to Germany and became head of the information / documentation department at the AIDS center of the Federal Health Office in Berlin . In the early 1990s, Haeberle was a founding member and first general secretary of the European Federation of Sexology. From 1992 to 1994 he taught as a visiting professor for sexology at the Humboldt University in Berlin . In 1994 he founded the Archive for Sexology at the Robert Koch Institute in Berlin, which he continued from 2001 to 2014 at the Humboldt University. Since then he has continued it in 15 languages on a private server as Archive for Sexology . In the foreword of his 2019 book Homosexuality: Articles and Lectures from 35 Years , he writes about his own homosexuality .
- 2001: Gold Medal from the World Association of Sexology (WAS) for his contribution to the development of international sexology
- 2002: Patron of the annual Erwin J. Haeberle Award of Maimonides University in North Miami Beach for the best dissertation
- 2002: Dr. William H. Masters Jr. Medal from the American Academy of Clinical Sexologists (AACS) for his life's work and a lifelong “Fellow” of the AACS
- 2004: Award of the European Federation of Sexology (EFS) for its scientific merits and for the e-learning project "worldwide free sex education"
- 2005: Honorary Professor, Department of Psychiatry, University of Hong Kong Medical School
- 2006: Gold Medal from the European Federation of Sexology (EFS) for his services to European sexology, especially for his online courses on sexual health, which are freely accessible in several languages.
- 2008: Honorary Clinical Professor of the American Academy of Clinical Sexologists (AACS) and at the same time appointed to the Advisory Board
- 2008: Wilhelm von Humboldt Foundation Prize for his lifetime achievement
- 2008: Honorary Professor at the Family Institute of the University of Hong Kong
- Beginnings of Sexology. Historical documents - selection, commentary and introduction , exhibition catalog. de Gruyter, Berlin / New York, NY 1983, ISBN 3-11-009932-2 .
Man's sexuality. Manual and atlas (with the help of Ilse Drews), de Gruyter, Berlin / New York, NY 1983, ISBN 3-11-008753-7 .
- 2nd ext. Ed., De Gruyter, Berlin / New York 1985, ISBN 3-11-010694-9 , geb. ISBN 3-11-010693-0 , online edition
- 2nd ext. Ed., De Gruyter, Berlin 1999, paperback ISBN 3-11-010694-9 .
- Nikol, Hamburg 2000, ISBN 3-933203-22-8 .
- Safe sex. How to reduce the risk of AIDS. Official manual (publisher). Heyne, Munich 1987, ISBN 3-453-00538-4 .
- AIDS. Advice, support, prevention. Instructions for practice (editor, with Axel needy). Walter de Gruyter, Berlin / New York 1983, ISBN 3-11-011267-1 .
- Sexuality as a social fact (with Rolf Gindorf). Gruyter, Berlin 1986, ISBN 3-11-010147-5 .
- Sexualities in our society (with Rolf Gindorf). Gruyter, Berlin 1989, ISBN 3-11-011373-2 .
- Sexology and Sex Politics (with Rolf Gindorf). Gruyter, Berlin 1992, ISBN 3-11-012246-4 .
- Bisexualities - ideology and practice of sexual contact with both sexes (editor, with R. Gindorf). Gustav Fischer Verlag, Stuttgart 1994, ISBN 3-437-11571-5 .
- Sexology in Europe. A Directory of Institutes, Resource Centers, Training Programs, and Scientific Journals (editor, with Wolfgang Simons). Robert Koch Institute, 1995, ISBN 3-89606-002-3 .
- dtv-Atlas Sexuality (with Jörg Mair, illustrations). dtv, Munich 2005, ISBN 3-423-03235-9 .
- Homosexuality: 35 years of essays and lectures. Lehmanns Verlag 2019, ISBN 978-3-96543-054-9 .
- Erwin J. Haeberle . In: Kürschner's German Scholars Calendar 2003. 19th edition. Volume I: A-J. Bio-bibliographical directory of contemporary German-speaking scientists . K. G. Saur, Munich 2003, ISBN 3-598-23607-7 , pp. 1097-1098.
- Literature by and about Erwin J. Haeberle in the catalog of the German National Library
- Randomly to the Unexpected Destination - My Life with Sexology - Online Publication 2016
- Sexology - Past, Present, Future - Selected Writings 1977-2017 - Online publication 2017
|SURNAME||Haeberle, Erwin J.|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German sexologist|
|DATE OF BIRTH||March 30, 1936|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Dortmund|