František Ignác Tůma
After his training in Prague, Tůma became a gambist at the court of Count Franz Ferdinand Kinsky , with whom he went to Vienna around 1727 as Kapellmeister. In 1742 he became conductor of the widow Empress Elisabeth Christine von Braunschweig-Wolfenbüttel . After her death in 1750, he lived on his pension. In 1768 he joined the Premonstratensian Abbey in Geras .
- Constantin von Wurzbach : Tuma, Franz . In: Biographisches Lexikon des Kaiserthums Oesterreich . 48th part. Kaiserlich-Königliche Hof- und Staatsdruckerei, Vienna 1883, pp. 105–107 ( digitized version ).
- Wilhelm Bäumker: Tuma, Franz . In: Allgemeine Deutsche Biographie (ADB). Volume 38, Duncker & Humblot, Leipzig 1894, p. 781 f.
- Herbert Vogg: Franz Tuma (1704–1774) as an instrumental composer along with contributions to the history of Viennese music in the 18th century (the court orchestra of the Empress widow Elizabeth Christine) . Phil. Diss., Vienna, 1951.
- Theodore M. Klinka: The choral music of Franz Ignaz Tuma. With a practical edition of selected choral works . Bell & Howell, Ann Arbor, Mich. 1975 (also dissertation, University of Iowa 1975)
- Sheet music and audio files by František Ignác Tůma in the International Music Score Library Project
- Sheet music in the public domain by František Ignác Tůma in the Choral Public Domain Library - ChoralWiki (English)
- Literature and other media by and about František Ignác Tůma in the catalog of the National Library of the Czech Republic
- Works by and about František Ignác Tůma in the catalog of the German National Library
- Works by and about František Ignác Tůma in the German Digital Library
|SURNAME||Tůma, František Ignác|
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Tuma, Franz Seraf Ignaz Anton|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Czech composer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||October 2, 1704|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Kostelec nad Orlicí|
|DATE OF DEATH||January 30, 1774|
|Place of death||Vienna|