Franz von Hein
Franz von Hein was a lawyer and politician by profession. In his function as a politician, he became a member of the Reichstag in Vienna and Kremsier in 1848 . From 1856 to 1862 he was mayor of the city of Opava , and in 1861 he was elected the first president of the Reichsrat. From 1862 to 1865 he was Minister of Justice, from 1865 to 1881 President of the Higher Regional Court in Vienna. Hein was elected to the State Court of Justice in 1868 and made a member of the manor for life on January 20, 1869 .
For his services he was awarded the Order of the Iron Crown 3rd Class on December 13, 1860 , and on June 5, 1863 he was awarded the Austrian knighthood. He was also awarded the Grand Cross of the Franz Josef Order on April 22, 1868 and the Austrian baron on May 12, 1871 . The cities of Vienna and Opava awarded Franz von Hein honorary citizenship.
He married on February 5, 1837 in Troppau Rosalie von Laminet-Arztheim (born March 31, 1815). The couple had several children:
- Eugenie Valentine Johanna Marie (born December 20, 1844) ⚭ Otto Ritter Görger von St. Jörgen
- Robert Johann Maria (born January 20, 1849) ⚭ 1876 Julie Absolon
- Viktor Leo Walter Maria (born February 1, 1850)
- Leontine Franziska Rosalie Maria (born November 7, 1853) ⚭ 1874 Karl Ritter von Schmerling
- Gothaisches genealogical pocket book of the baronial houses for the year 1874 p.270ff , 1878 p.296f
- Austrian Biographical Lexicon 1815–1950 (ÖBL). Volume 2, Verlag der Österreichischen Akademie der Wissenschaften, Vienna 1959, p. 246. In:
- Constantin von Wurzbach : Hein, Franz . In: Biographisches Lexikon des Kaiserthums Oesterreich . 8th part. Kaiserlich-Königliche Hof- und Staatsdruckerei, Vienna 1862, p. 215 ( digitized version ).
|SURNAME||Hein, Franz von|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Austrian lawyer and politician|
|DATE OF BIRTH||June 28, 1808|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Olomouc|
|DATE OF DEATH||February 18, 1890|
|Place of death||Brno|