Friedrich (Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg, 1701–1766)
Friedrich von Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg (born April 1, 1701 in Glücksburg ; † November 11, 1766 ibid) was Duke of the divided duchy of Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg .
He was a son of Duke Philipp Ernst (* May 5, 1673; † November 12, 1729) and his first wife Christiane von Sachsen-Eisenberg (* March 4, 1679; † May 24, 1722), daughter of Duke Christian of Saxony -Eisenberg .
Already in his younger years he was intended for the army. On September 28, 1716, he became captain of the Danish Queen's life guard and on December 24, 1717 he became a real captain of the foot guard and company commander . In the years 1719 was 1724 he was on a cavalier tour through Italy, Germany and Holland. Before he had finished his tour, he became a lieutenant colonel in the body regiment of the king on March 39, 1723 , but he did not receive a company until June 18, 1725, and on December 6, 1728 he became a real lieutenant colonel. He gave up this position in 1729 when he inherited the Paragium after the death of his father . He became a colonel on June 11, 1729 on foot through the recruited Oldenburg regiment. On July 4, 1736 he received the Elephant Order with the motto par le grace de Dieu et du roy . After a few years he became major general , and on October 28, 1749 Lieutenant General and March 31, 1758 General of the Infantry . He did not give up the Oldenburg regiment until 1760. On March 5th, 1766 he received his farewell and died on November 11th after an eight-day illness.
As early as 1749 he sold the island of Årø , which had previously belonged to Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg , to the Danish king for money .
On June 19, 1745 he married Countess Henriette Auguste zu Lippe-Detmold (* December 31, 1725 - April 12, 1777) a daughter of Count Simon Heinrich Adolf zu Lippe-Detmold . The couple had the following children:
- Sophie Magdalene (* March 22, 1746; † March 21, 1810), abbess of the Wallöe monastery on Zealand
- Friedrich Heinrich Wilhelm (born March 15, 1747; † March 13, 1779) ∞ Anne Karoline von Nassau-Saarbrücken (1751–1824), daughter of Wilhelm Heinrich von Nassau-Saarbrücken (1718–1768)
- Luise Charlotte (* March 5, 1749; † March 30, 1812) ∞ Prince Karl Georg von Anhalt-Köthen (1730–1789), Lieutenant Field Marshal
- Juliana Wilhelmine (April 30, 1754 - September 14, 1823) ∞ Prince Ludwig von Bentheim-Steinfurt (1756-1817)
- Simon Ludwig (born June 21, 1756 - † September 23, 1760)
- Jonathan Smith: On the history of the Oldenburg army during the Danish period 1667–1773. In: Oldenburg yearbooks. 1940/41, p. 77, ( digitized version )
- Continued New Genealogical-Historical News. Volume 75, Heinsius, Leipzig 1768, p. 213 f., ( Digitized version )
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Schleswig-Holstein-Sonderburg-Glücksburg, Friedrich von; Holstein-Glücksburg, Friedrich von|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||royal Danish general of infantry|
|DATE OF BIRTH||April 1, 1701|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Glücksburg|
|DATE OF DEATH||November 11, 1766|
|Place of death||Glücksburg|