Queri was the son of a steamer and a milk shop owner and grew up in Starnberg . He made his first literary steps with various Munich newspapers, then shortly with the German-language New Yorker Staats-Zeitung . Articles in Simplicissimus and other satirical magazines followed. From 1908 to 1919 he worked for the weekly newspaper Jugend , during the First World War he was war correspondent for the Berliner Tageblatt and the field post newspaper Daheim . Because of his books Bauernerotik und Bauernfehme in Oberbayern (1911) and Kraftbayrisch (1912) he was subjected to a morality trial , which he won with the help of Ludwig Thoma . His birthplace in Frieding bears his name "Der Obere Wirt" zum Queri.
A splintered hip bone, which he sustained while doing school gymnastics, bothered him all his life. Queri died at the age of 40 in Munich of peritonitis and was buried in Starnberg.
- Mattheis breaks the ice
- The Capuchin novel from deep Bavaria . L. Staakmann Verlag, Leipzig, 1920
- The purring of Rochus Mang - Bader, Messner and coroner of Fröttmannsau - retold in the vernacular by Georg Queri . Piper & Co., Munich 1912 ( online in the Gutenberg-DE project ).
- Farmer's eroticism and farmer's company in Upper Bavaria . Piper & Co., Munich 1911. Facsimile print 1969 ( online in the Gutenberg-DE project ). Reprint Munich 1975; New edition, with an afterword by Michael Stephan, Allitera Verlag , Munich 2010, ISBN 978-3-86906-030-9 .
- The Bavarian Watschenbaum . Ullstein & Co., Berlin and Vienna 1917 ( online in the Gutenberg-DE project ).
- Kraftbayrisch - Live from the Asbach inn . Dölling and Galitz Verlag, 2006, ISBN 978-3-937904-40-5
- The secular chants of Egidius Pfanzelter von Polkarpszell . Piper & Co., Munich 1912 ( online in the Gutenberg-DE project and also online - Internet Archive ).
- The purring of Rochus Mann. Baders, Messmers & Coroners zu Fröttmaning retold by Georg Queri. With illustrations by Karl Arold . Allitera Verlag , Munich 2009, ISBN 978-3-86906-045-3 .
- The weekly observer from Polycarpscell. Stories from a small editorial team. Edited and with an afterword by Michael Stephan . Allitera Verlag , Munich 2009, ISBN 978-3-86906-022-4 .
- Bavarian comedy book. Against bad hours and the long because written by Georg Queri. With many pictures by Paul Neu . Allitera Verlag , Munich 2010, ISBN 978-3-86906-113-9 .
- The secular chants of Egidius Pfanzelter zu Polkarpszell . Allitera Verlag , Munich 2010, ISBN 978-3-86906-029-3 .
- Kraft Bavarian. A dictionary of the erotic and scatological idioms of the old Bavarians. With an afterword by Michael Stephan . Allitera Verlag , Munich 2010, ISBN 978-3-86906-028-6 .
- War books from the west. With an introduction by Michael Stephan . Allitera Verlag , Munich 2014, ISBN 978-3-86906-625-7 .
- together with Ludwig Thoma : Bayernbuch. Hundreds of Bavarian authors from a millennium. Munich 1913, online - Internet Archive
- Gertrud Maria Rösch: New German Biography (NDB). Volume 21, Duncker & Humblot, Berlin 2003, ISBN 3-428-11202-4 , p. 41 f. ( ). In:
- Michael Stephan (Ed.): Georg Queri 1879–1919, journalist, writer and folklorist from Bavaria - a reading book. MünchenVerlag, ISBN 978-3-934036-84-0
- Literature by and about Georg Queri in the catalog of the German National Library
- Works by Georg Queri in the Gutenberg-DE project
- Georg Queri in the Internet Archive
- Gasthof Oberer Wirt zum Queri
- Georg Queri in the Bavarian literature portal (project of the Bavarian State Library )
- The war diary. About trying to keep a journal. librivox Article No. 6, online - Internet Archive
- Archived copy ( memento of the original from December 19, 2015 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. University of Heidelberg: Heidelberg historical holdings - digital
- Der Mensch Queri ( Memento of the original from June 26, 2010 in the Internet Archive ) Info: The archive link was inserted automatically and has not yet been checked. Please check the original and archive link according to the instructions and then remove this notice. on queri.de
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||Bavarian local poet and writer|
|DATE OF BIRTH||April 30, 1879|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Frieding at Andechs|
|DATE OF DEATH||November 21, 1919|
|Place of death||Munich|