Schaumberg lived for a while in Neuruppin and worked there as editor of the Neuruppiner Zeitung . From 1889 he lived in Munich, where he initially headed the weekly revue Illustrierte Münchener Stadtzeitung . Together with Michael Georg Conrad , Otto Julius Bierbaum and Oskar Panizza , Schaumberg was one of the founding members of the Society for Modern Life and one of the writers of Munich Modernism . In addition to poems, the focus of his work was on the field of theater.
- A thorough cure. Schwank in one act , 1886
- The Day of Sedan , drama, 1888
- 6 texts (poems and short prose) in: Modernes Leben. A collection book of the Munich moderns , Poeßl, Munich 1891 ( digitized in the Internet Archive )
- Dies irae and other poems , 1893
- Poem Im Batzenhäusl in: Jugend № 41 of October 10, 1896, p. 678
- The Landshut Wedding , Festival, 1905
- Fanfreluche. Musical comedy in two acts by Wilhelm Mauke . Text based on a novella by Gautier . Complete piano excerpt with German text. Drei Masken Verlag, Munich 1912
- Libretto to Nicodemus. Opera in three acts by Hans Grimm . Hieber, Munich 1926
- Bavaria's poet in words and pictures , ed. v. Friedrich Leber. Kirchhof, Nuremberg 1906.
- Literature by and about Georg Schaumberg in the catalog of the German National Library
- 4 poems in: (Ed.): The tenth muse. Seals from the Brettl and for the Brettl from past centuries and from our days collected by Maximilian Bern (12th thousand, Elsner, Berlin 1904): Goddess Mercy (p. 14 f.) - Ash Wednesday (p. 195 f.) - The convict ( P. 275) - After the redoubt (p. 284 f.) .
- 5 poems (2 redoubt songs - The poet speaks - Frou-frou - Come on! ) In the German Poetry Library
- Fritz Ballin : Reviews in Die Musik , 11th year, issue 18 (2nd June issue, 1912), Schuster & Loeffler , Berlin, p. 381 f. ( Digitized in the Internet Archive ).
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German author|
|DATE OF BIRTH||May 30, 1855|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Ansbach|
|DATE OF DEATH||March 2, 1931|
|Place of death||Munich|