Gustav Reinhold Hänichen (* around 1860 in Lockwitz ; † May 16, 1924 in Dresden-Bühlau ) was a German architect who built numerous buildings that are now listed buildings. Some of them were created in the Dresden architecture firm Hänichen & Tscharmann, which was operated jointly with Heinrich Tscharmann.
In 1898, Hänichen won the design competition for a town hall in Radebeul . In 1906, Hänichen, along with Fritz Schumacher , Rudolf Schilling and Ernst Kühn , was a member of the jury that had to decide the competition to establish a secondary school with a high school in the Serkowitz district of Radebeul .
- 1895/1896: neo-renaissance building at Comeniusstraße 3 in Dresden-Johannstadt (later tobacco factory Dumitrescu, destroyed in 1945)
- 1898–1900: Radebeul town hall and the police office building behind it in Alt-Radebeul (as the winner of the competition announced in 1898)
- 1899: Trachau town hall in Trachau (also the residence of the community council)
- 1899: 16th elementary school in Trachau (today 56th elementary school in Dresden-Trachau, Böttgerstraße 11 / Cottbuser Straße 34)
- 1900/1901: Leuben Town Hall in Leuben
- 1901/1902: Niedersedlitz town hall in Niedersedlitz
- 1904 Competition entry for the New Town Hall in Dresden
- 1910: Dürerbundhaus for Ferdinand Avenarius (Hänichen & Tscharmann) (destroyed in 1945)
- 1913–1915: Teutoniahaus , administration building for Teutonia Versicherungs AG in Leipzig- Connewitz , Karl-Liebknecht-Strasse 143 / Richard-Lehmann-Strasse 34 (Hänichen & Tscharmann)
- Gustav Hänichen, Heinrich Tscharmann: Modern designs. In: Monthly issues for architecture and spatial art. Hoffmann, Stuttgart 1912, , pp. 221, 224-228.
- Volker Helas : Architecture in Dresden 1800 - 1900. Springer, 2013, ISBN 978-3-322-84117-9 , pp. 105, 172, 195.
- Thieme-Becker, Vol. XXXIII, 1939, p. 459.
- Erich Haenel , Gustav Hänichen (involved), Heinrich Tscharmann (involved): The Teutoniahaus in Leipzig. In: Profanbau. Arnd, Leipzig 1919, pp. 157-172.
- Death register StA Dresden XIV, No. 40/1924
- Volker Helas (arrangement): City of Radebeul . Ed .: State Office for Monument Preservation Saxony, Large District Town Radebeul (= Monument Topography Federal Republic of Germany . Monuments in Saxony ). SAX-Verlag, Beucha 2007, ISBN 978-3-86729-004-3 , p. 279 f .
- Sparkasse leaves the town hall of Niedersedlitz. ( Memento from October 15, 2016 in the Internet Archive )
- Reconstruction and modernization of the 56th elementary school in Dresden-Trachau. ( Memento from January 11, 2016 in the Internet Archive )
- Hänichen, Gustav. Artist record at the Deutsche Fotothek.
- Frank Fiedler's childhood memories of his father and the “Dürerbundhaus” Dresden (1). Uwe Fiedler, accessed on November 14, 2019 ( Frank Fiedler (1930–2018)).
- Office Campus; Karl-Liebknecht-Strasse 143, Leipzig.
|ALTERNATIVE NAMES||Haenichen, Gustav; Hänichen, Gustav Reinhold (full name)|
|BRIEF DESCRIPTION||German architect|
|DATE OF BIRTH||around 1860|
|PLACE OF BIRTH||Lockwitz|
|DATE OF DEATH||May 16, 1924|
|Place of death||Bühlau (Dresden)|