Hartmut is a male name .
Origin and meaning
- from the old high German Hardmuoth / Hartmuoth ("harti" → hard, strong, firm, determined and "muoth / muot" → courage, spirit, meaning). Hartmut is a hero in the medieval Gudrun legend .
- In English there is the term hardmouth , which is explained as difficult to reign over (difficult to master, in the sense of to rule / to suppress).
- Hartmut von St. Gallen († after 905), Dept.
- Hartmut XII. von Kronberg (1488–1549), knight
20th century people
- Hartmut Böhme (* 1944), cultural scientist
- Hartmut Bossel (* 1935), German environmental researcher
- Hartmut El Kurdi (* 1964), German writer
- Hartmut Engler (* 1961), singer of the band "Pur"
- Hartmut Esslinger (* 1944), designer, founder of frogdesign , designer of the first Apple computer
- Hartmut Haenchen (* 1943), German conductor
- Hartmut Haupt (soccer player) (* 1945), German soccer player
- Hartmut Haupt (musician) (1932–2019), German organist, organ researcher, organ monument curator, musicologist and non-fiction author
- Hartmut von Hentig (* 1925), educator and publicist, founder of the Bielefeld high school
- Hartmut Klotzbücher (* 1961), German comic author
- Hartmut Klug (1928–2019), German conductor and pianist
- Hartmut Mehdorn (* 1942), German industrial manager and former CEO of Deutsche Bahn AG (1999–2009)
- Hartmut Mehringer (1944–2011), German historian
- Hartmut Michel (* 1948), German biochemist, Nobel Prize in Chemistry 1988
- Hartmut Neugebauer (1942–2017), German actor and voice actor
- Hartmut Nöldeke (1926–2013), German doctor and author
- Hartmut Perschau (* 1942), German politician (CDU)
- Hartmut "Haki" Ritzerfeld (* 1950), German painter
- Hartmut Schmidt (1930–2006), German church musician, choir director and university professor
- Hartmut Schmidt (* 1941), German business economist and university lecturer (University of Hamburg)
- Hartmut Schmidt (* 1946), Austrian composer and musician of German origin
- Hartmut Schmidt (* 1953), German soccer player
- Hartmut Schoen (* 1951), German director
- Hartmut Walravens (* 1944), German librarian and sinologist
- Hartmut Siebertz (* 1951), German doctor and medical officer
- Hartmut Weber (* 1945), German historian and archivist
- Paul Hartmut Würdig (* 1980), German rapper, see Sido
Catholic name day